NUD: worlds smallest Nano Ukulele being made by Andy Miles

Olarte

Reaction score
Woohoo, I've been waiting since December to be the first US customer to receive this beautiful playable and extremely well made ukulele by Andy Miles in the UK.

If it was not for the size comparison photos you would not even realize now tiny it is. This thing, the body fits in my hand. Yet it is playable within reason and very well setup and excellent intonation.

Here are some pix to share with you. Also since my grandson Max is due next month I think I'm gonna call my little nano Uke "Max". What do you think?

I will do a video demo in a few days once I figure out the best way to hold it. But I can tell you it is definitely challenging but playable.

Im either a Freaking Giant or this Uke is very very tiny...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The Nano in between Kala pocket and John Daniels Pixie.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
And here are some size comparisons

Andy Miles Nano, John Daniels Pixie/sopranino , Kiwaya Soprano

image.jpg

image.jpg

The nano on top of my classical guitar

image.jpg

Sizes Nano, Sopranino/Picolo, Soprano, Concert, Tenor.
image.jpg

Hanging with its larger siblings

image.jpg

Last edited:
That thing is adorable. With such a small body, the neck looks thick - it is cute and chubby! Can't wait to hear it.

Very KEWL!

Im a fan of Andy's nano ukes. If you're ready for an upgrade just holler at me. I'm building a few of these ukes for funimage.jpgimage.jpg the one on the photo is a figured myrtle sides and back, flame redwood top, curly maple binding, wooden rosette and nitro lacquer finish sand a 9.75" nano scale ��

Last edited:
it's itsy bitsy teeny weeny! how cute!

I came up with a strap made out of Velcro and a silk ribbon. Aside from the tiny fretboard than biggest challenge is how to hold it while playing, specially standing.

Will do a YouTube video I a few days...

By the way you can contact Andy Miles on Facebook by searching for Andy's Ukuleles

A strap like this would work for pocket Ukes as well I used the soft side of a Velcro cable tie to wrap it Around the Uke the. A silk ribbon for the strap.
image.jpg

image.jpg

You can check out my Nano Photo Album on facebook HERE

Last edited:
The new Nano Uke "Max" made by Andy Miles from Andy's Ukuleles in the UK is just to pretty to have a makeshift strap. So I "McGuyvered" a beautiful and adjustable strap worthy of "Max" with some silk ribbon and adjustable cord clips as well as a rubber washer to protect the finish... :cool::shaka:

image.jpg

Like many Ukulele players I had to try different strings. I think I like Worth Browns the best. Tight but still thin and bright. The Aquila 94u strings are great for regular Sopranino/piccolo Ukes but a bit too light.

Anyway more Kudos to Andy Miles with his superb attention to detail! He put beads on all 4 strings. Also the frets are dressed very nice, nice and smooth.

image.jpg

Here is "Max" the beautiful tiny Nano ukulele with the strap I made hanging out with it's much larger siblings.

Andy Miles builds these as a hobby yet the quality and attention to detail is up there with the best builders like Koaloha and Mya-Moe! Well worth the wait and the price is a bargain! Thank you Andy!

image.jpg

:smileybounce::smileybounce:

Last edited:
Here is an update on my nano

Perfect size for my grandson Max
image.jpg

The mycasebuilder case I had made for it

image.jpg

Keep in mind a soprano Uke is 21 inches Max is 20" and the Nano Uke is 11"

Last edited:
I'm very happy with the Custom Made Case which was comparable to what I would have paid for one good Uke case.

You can find the link and thread to a full written and video review of my experience on THIS Thread

COrrect, KoAloha holds that record... i think that might be even smaller than the Nano. Tangi too might be smaller because of a narrow neck. However I believe Papa Koaloha only made one miniature, and in any case neither that or the Tangis are made any longer.

so my understanding is that Andy Miles' Nano Ukes are the smallest playable Ukulele CURRENTLY being made and available. which is why I specified that in the Subject of the post. I have not tried the other two mentioned but this one is actually playable considering the size limitations and the workmanship is excellent!

I think KoAloha still holds the record for smallest playable ukulele... if that is nano, is the KoAloha a pico?
http://www.ukulelemag.com/stories/news/video-the-worlds-smallest-playable-ukuleles

Afraid to ask how much they cost.

I'm fascinated by mini ukuleles!

Top Bottom