Custom carbon fiber harp uke from Emerald

Andy Chen

Reaction score
Check this out (photo taken from MacNichol forum):

Untitled.jpg

I'd heard about this, but this is the first I've seen of it. Very cool. Now if Alistair will just take the harp part off and make a standard production ukulele at the price point of the X5 guitar... I've owned some of his guitars in the past at various times (X5, X5-OS, X7, X7-OS), and appreciate his work. His price point is usually better than the other carbon makers too..especially now..CA went up on prices..and Rainsong eliminated their lower priced FT finish apparently.

If you find a video clip anywhere of this one, I'd love to check it out.

Hi Jer, I have emailed Alistair, asking him about a regular uke since he has kinda something like a part-mould for a tenor uke.

Yes, his prices are more affordable than other CF instrument makers. More importantly, I like that in Emerald design, the bridge is not glued on to the top but part of the mould. This would make it the strongest uke out there.

That is cool looking. I like the all black look of the harp guitar they make better than the faux wood though.

That is cool looking. I like the all black look of the harp guitar they make better than the faux wood though.

Ah, I see from there website they have the black and other colors too!

More importantly, I like that in Emerald design, the bridge is not glued on to the top but part of the mould. This would make it the strongest uke out there.
Agreed. I really like that part of the design as well.

Top Bottom