FS: Martin Style 3 Cherry, Custom Shop Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telperion

Reaction score
This listing is for a rare and beautiful Martin Style 3 Cherry soprano ukulele. I had this listed as a "buy it now/best offer" on ebay for a few days, but decided it was better to list for less here and avoid fees. Anyway, this is particularly interesting, as it is a Martin Custom Shop model. The wood was left natural without the dark stain that this model typically receives. Additionally, while still made entirely from sustainable materials, this one was ordered without the green FSC (Forest Stewardship Counsil) label glued just inside the soundhole that is present on the standard models. Overall, this ukulele is an outstanding player, with a rich, warm tone, and superb playability. Extremely well made, and the attention to detail from Martin's Custom Shop is apparent. Comes with original hardshell thermoplastic case, which is made specifically for these ukuleles to ensure a perfect fit. Currently strung with new Martin fluorocarbon M600 strings. The ukulele and case are in excellent used condition, with no damage. I will include an Oasis Ukulele Humidifier with the sale. Additional specifications are listed below.

-Solid sustainable cherry body
-Dovetail neck construction
-Grained ivoroid top and back binding with black and white purfling
-Black and white rosette
-Ivoroid Style 3 Uke Diamond & Squares fretboard inlay
-Ivoroid Style 3 "parend" top inlay
-Side dots at 3rd, 5th, 7th, 10th, 12th, and 15th
-Long bone saddle
-Corian nut
-Width at nut = 1-13/32"
-Grover Nickel 4WM Tuners w/ White Knobs
-12 frets to body, 17 frets total
-Scale length = 13.614"

PRICE REDUCED to $1250, which includes shipping within the US, and PayPal fees. Please feel free to ask any questions, and thanks for looking!

Martin 3C Full Front.jpgMartin 3C Front.jpgMartin 3C Full Front Straight.jpgMartin 3C Full Back.jpgMartin 3C Back.jpg

Last edited:
Having just had to let a Style 3 Cherry go, I can say what great ukes these are and this one is truly unique. Somebody will be very happy with it!

I can vouch for two things:

The Martin cherry 3 being an absolutely superb instrument, with this one having particularly rare, groovy wood character based on the photos, and...

Steve in Massachusetts being a superbly honest and genuine seller, having bought from him myself in the past.

Steve in illinois.

I purchased a uke from him several years back to ... and I could say Rod get most beautifful ukes...

Still available?

Yes, this ukulele is still available. However, since it did not sell back when I originally listed it, I started playing it again. I had the tuners replaced with Gotoh UPT's, which turned out to be a major improvement. Tuning is much easier and smoother now, and it looks fantastic. Only a few grams of weight were added over the stock tuners, and balance is still great. Tuner bodies are black, with grained ivoroid buttons that match the uke's bindings very well. I also replaced the strings with Fremont Blacklines, and I am very impressed with the tone from those. Overall, a gorgeous Martin, with lush tone and a fantastic set of 4:1 geared tuners. Here are a few fresh photos taken today (iphone quality, sorry!).

Thanks for the inquiry,

Steve

IMG_1204.jpgIMG_1206.jpgIMG_1203.jpgIMG_1205.jpg

I had the tuners replaced with Gotoh UPT's, which turned out to be a major improvement.

did you have to make any modifications for the tuners?

did you have to make any modifications for the tuners?

Yes, Danno, the UPT's require a slight mod, which is outlined very well in this video from HMS:

https://vimeo.com/123455918

I've installed many of these tuners in other ukuleles, with excellent results. It requires a violin peg reamer to open up the holes to the right dimension. The install in this Martin was very clean, and was done using a very sharp, high quality peg reamer. Thanks for your interest!

-Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom