L&L san marcos this month!

NukeDOC

Retired Mod
Reaction score
march 27 2008. i know i told everyone at the bonfire about this, but i just wanted to make it official. bruddah brandon (ibcruzn) will be performing on da uke at the L&L in san marcos from about 5pm to closing along with bruddah nappy on guitar and ata on bass. if you can make it, please come by and show some love. i know i will be there.

i was there last month and it was nothing but good times! they even made me get up on the mic for a couple songs hahaha. here are some pics from my myspace page.

if you can come by, please do. have some spam musubi, listen to good music, and hang out.

137 south las posas road
san marcos, ca 92078

l_2ad71c805ead2f8264f80c334b55efdb.jpg

l_bc6d755c6122b8e317bc35ff5cebaf68.jpg

l_e24bf27cc28540a0a54257fe4c8e4dc9.jpg

l_954ebd6df5d8f6f4611dca5da734d08b.jpg

Last edited:
march 28 2008. i know i told everyone at the bonfire about this, but i just wanted to make it official. bruddah brandon (ibcruzn) will be performing on da uke at the L&L in san marcos from about 5pm to closing along with bruddah nappy on guitar and ata on bass. if you can make it, please come by and show some love. i know i will be there.

i was there last month and it was nothing but good times! they even made me get up on the mic for a couple songs hahaha. here are some pics from my myspace page.

if you can come by, please do. have some spam musubi, listen to good music, and hang out.

137 south las posas road
san marcos, ca 92078

l_2ad71c805ead2f8264f80c334b55efdb.jpg

l_bc6d755c6122b8e317bc35ff5cebaf68.jpg

l_e24bf27cc28540a0a54257fe4c8e4dc9.jpg

l_954ebd6df5d8f6f4611dca5da734d08b.jpg

man...
i would love to go but...
i coach swim for otaya ranch and they practice 7-9 everynight...
that also happens to be da night of my birthday!!
but we'll see what happens!!
thanks for the heads up!

is it me or is that guy's bass smaller than normal? When you guys gonna play L&L across from St. Louis HS? Let me know, I will be there.

is it me or is that guy's bass smaller than normal? When you guys gonna play L&L across from St. Louis HS? Let me know, I will be there.
i believe its a short scale bass. my brother and i just picked up a gretsch shortscale bass a few days ago. the neck length is the same as his strat. makes the transition easier. especially with our short asian arms hahaha.

i believe its a short scale bass. my brother and i just picked up a gretsch shortscale bass a few days ago. the neck length is the same as his strat. makes the transition easier. especially with our short asian arms hahaha.

I thought so. Someone told me short scale basses have a "fatter" sound and resommended a Fender Mustang Bass.

I noticed that L & L's look way nicer up there than they do here. Up at the Bay Area (Hayward) one that I went to, the staff even wore Aloha shirts and stuff.

That is awesome that they have you guys play music up in there. I bet hearing you guys play warms the hearts of the local people stranded up there who are in college or working.

short scale bass

Looks like he's playing a Hammer "Slammer" short scale bass. I'm thinking about getting a short scale bass for my girlfriend. (I'm sure she won't mind if I play it from time to time too :D) Anyone know which one to get? The mustang is probably out of my price range unless she really starts tearing it up. I tried the squire mini bass (whatever its called) played fine, but sounded like crap. Anyone out there try the ibanez micro bass?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...-Flame-Top-Short-Scale-Bass-Guitar?sku=515672

oh crap! i put the 28th by accident. its the 27th!!! thursday. if you guys wanna come by, please show up. these guys have some awesome talent. and hey, might even see me get up there when they decide to take a break! hahaha.

Looks like he's playing a Hammer "Slammer" short scale bass. I'm thinking about getting a short scale bass for my girlfriend. (I'm sure she won't mind if I play it from time to time too :D) Anyone know which one to get? The mustang is probably out of my price range unless she really starts tearing it up. I tried the squire mini bass (whatever its called) played fine, but sounded like crap. Anyone out there try the ibanez micro bass?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...-Flame-Top-Short-Scale-Bass-Guitar?sku=515672

The mikrobass (or whatever it is called) looks cool. Maybe swapping out the pick ups might make it workable. Ashborys are pretty cool I feel kinda dumb for selling mine.

Thanks for the info

Thanks, I've checked out the Ashbory, looks pretty cool. Whoops, sorry, I didn't mean to turn this Thread into a bass discussion. Back to the real story. . . Man I wish I could go to this jam concert! Any chance you guys will play at some L&Ls in the LA area? I'd love to eat L&Ls and listen to some local jams! Keep posting these gigs!

wasup San Diego,
Sorry I didn't make the last Jam. But give it up to Braddah Arvin (NukeDOC) for getting it started. Hopefully I can make the next one. As for the L&L Gig I also have the honor to play with Braddah Quintinn Holi. If you listen to Hawaiian music, Quintinn has recorded and played with almost everyone in Hawaii. Along with his own cd's, he has an impressive resume. And also Braddah Nappy and Ata will be there too. It's going to be fun. Hope you can make it.
Mahalo,
Braddah Brandon

ok there was a mixup on the date for this. turns out that it was last night. i was still able to make it since i was in the area. ill post up the date for next month.

Top Bottom