online store?

scooterguitar

Reaction score
What is a good online store that stocks a variety of uke string brands? I seem to only find ones that have one or two brands.
ANy suggestions are appreciated.

While we're at it, any good places to by uke based cd's?

go to ebay and buy off of Music Guy Mic. he has a username here and he always has good deals and great products. as for cds any old cd shop should have some, go to fye. they have a couple. or just buy them offline from ebay. aldrines cd is on this website and its a good one.

also, all of the questions you just asked could be found if you use the search function on the tool bar. everytime you have further questions, just use that to see if it was already talked about. 9 times out of ten that will be the case.

keep shreddin!

Thanks.
ukerepublic doesn't seem to have a list or anything, am I missing it?

I am going to order some things from here this week as well.

WHile I'm at it...which two Jake CD's would be the first to purchase to begin my collection?

MGM is where I go for strings because of convenience and price, even over local music stores (and I live in Hawaii, so that's saying something.)

As for jake CDs, I like Walking down Rainhill and Dragon.

Worth (which is the best ukulele string one can buy)

Sorry, but I must disagree; Worths (or any other brand) cannot be called the "best". It all depends on the player and their aural preference.

For example, I love my Aquilas.

Sorry, but I must disagree; Worths (or any other brand) cannot be called the "best". It all depends on the player and their aural preference.

For example, I love my Aquilas.

Yes, Aquila are nice, SUPER-nice. But surely the quality of an ukulele string can be broken down to an observable and operationally defined set for a given situation.

Oh oops! I completely mis-read that you were looking for uke string brands. I thought you said uke brands. I'm not sure what kinds of strings those two sites have that I posted.

What is a good online store that stocks a variety of uke string brands? I seem to only find ones that have one or two brands.
ANy suggestions are appreciated.
Most of the online sites have been mentioned and as far as brand names go; D'Addario, Fremont, Kala Reds, Ko'olau Gold, Martin, Orcas. Guitar sets from D'Addario and Savarez can also be used. Another company to look at is GCS. There are several threads regarding the latter three.
While we're at it, any good places to by uke based cd's?
I usually get my music from Hawaiian Island Music or E808. I'm pretty sure some of the other ukulele sites have links to purchase music.

WHile I'm at it...which two Jake CD's would be the first to purchase to begin my collection?

They are all good. Gently Weeps is more "solo' work. His newest CD is out now (sorta) and that'll be a good one too. Depends on what styles you like. Just get any and you'll be happy. My Life is a 6 song CD and it may be MY favorite.

Top Bottom