A very famous uke player

Thanks folks, but it's certainly not the Dos Equis guy. This gentleman is a true giant in his field, which is in the arts. I could tell you all, but it's kind of fun seeing if anyone can guess. And that is my Risa he is playing, which I handed to him when I had the opportunity to meet him yesterday.

So, Greenie,

HOW and under what circumstances did you meet Mr Coppola?

Looks like he knows how to play the Uke, a Risa stick no less :)

Ozmini and Ric -

You got it. So, this is how it happened. The company I work for was having a relatively big event in Las Vegas, and they were wondering who to get for the keynote at the conference. Coppola was suggested, although the people organizing the conference were not sure if he was a good speaker. I volunteered that I had heard him speak and he was a great speaker, one thing led to another, and they signed him up.

A few weeks ago, I read a quote somewhere from Jake that he had gotten to play uke with FFC. I took my Risa to the conference anyways to do an entry for Seasons, since I was there from Saturday until Wednesday, so I took it to the keynote with me.

Because I contributed to the organization of the keynote, I got invited to a meet and greet afterwards. When I met Francis, I mentioned that I heard that he played uke. He said he did a bit and he liked it since it was so easy to travel with, which seemed like a perfect lead in to show him the Risa. He took it out and played a few chords and sang a few lines.

Pretty dang cool, if I do say so myself. Ukes rule!

Ozmini and Ric -

You got it. So, this is how it happened. The company I work for was having a relatively big event in Las Vegas, and they were wondering who to get for the keynote at the conference. Coppola was suggested, although the people organizing the conference were not sure if he was a good speaker. I volunteered that I had heard him speak and he was a great speaker, one thing led to another, and they signed him up.

A few weeks ago, I read a quote somewhere from Jake that he had gotten to play uke with FFC. I took my Risa to the conference anyways to do an entry for Seasons, since I was there from Saturday until Wednesday, so I took it to the keynote with me.

Because I contributed to the organization of the keynote, I got invited to a meet and greet afterwards. When I met Francis, I mentioned that I heard that he played uke. He said he did a bit and he liked it since it was so easy to travel with, which seemed like a perfect lead in to show him the Risa. He took it out and played a few chords and sang a few lines.

VERY COOL! :cool:

Maybe he will feature a uke in his next movie?

Maybe Greenie will get a part/extra for the background of a scene?

stranger things have happened! Oh, wait, maybe not :)

keep uke'in',

Good one Greenie. Not to hijack this thread, but I thought this would fit here; the previous mayor of Beverly Hills rehearsing his uke performance at the 100th Anniversary of Beverly Hills, John Mirisch (of the film producer Mirisch family).

Mirsch ukulele.jpg

Super cool story! I just got a Risa solid concert myself and they would be great for traveling with.
Also.. VEGAS BABY!

Ozmini and Ric -

Wow, that is incredible. How great!!!!!

That's really cool! Awesome story, and thanks for sharing it with us.

He makes great films, great wines and plays the ukulele! My hero

Mine too, and his talk was just great. He covered tons of stuff, from anecdotes about his films to his philosophy on life. He said "Some people are filled with regret over what they haven't done. On my death bed, I am going to be so busy remembering that I got to make movies, got to see my children make movies, got to make wine, that I won't even notice when I go."

Top Bottom