Top creative reasons for needing a new ukulele

So, if I'm going to be in Hawai'i anyway.......

When my wife and I saw Jake a few weeks ago, I got one of my ukes signed by him. I told my wife that I had to "retire" that uke and buy a new one to replace it. After seeing him in person and after watching his documentary, she agreed (to my surprise). I gotta get more stuff signed...

My reasons are not creative, they are perfectly rational and defensible. ;)

My 3 ukes are all quite different. They're all tenor, one 4-string, one 8-string 4-course, one 6-string 6-course. Creatively, they all bring something different to the table.

Because I said so.

You're not the boss of me.

The record company will reimburse us.

My other uke is lonely and needs a friend.

Because ukes are like nachos; you can't have just one.

Because every dollar I spend on ukes, I'm not spending on hookers and cocaine.

My wife is leaving me anyway; taking the goldmine while I get the shaft. May as well dig it a little deeper with the gold before she gets it.

Yeah, I don't drink anymore, never smoked, don't womanize, don't gamble, the kids are grown, and I ain't gonna live forever...I'm buying another uke!

To hubby... "I love this new plastic uke so much I don't want to take a chance leaving it in the car all year to see what will happen." Hubby..."Well, why don't you buy another." Me???????? who is this guy? YEAH!!!!!! Gota love him :) And I do love both my Kealoha's from Amazon. Now, which one will I keep in the car?

it's like this.

I have to have one in each size plus a banjo uke, then there's the Flea and the Fluke... OH! and I need them in different tunings so I can avoid awkward chords like E.... and I need a pineapple.... then there's those to play at home and those for gigging and the ones you take away for the weekend..... then sometime I'll need a 8 string....

...... :iwant:

Would you prefer I buy a bunch of large space-taker-upper guitars? Oh yeah, I do that too. Never too many.

Top Bottom