Awesome custom build case site.

Olarte

Reaction score
Awesome custom built Uke case

Exciting stuff! I'm making a custom case to hold a 3 Ukes. It will be perfect for weekend trips and Uke festivals. :shaka:

image.jpg

You can build your own case at http://mycasebuilder.com

It's easy you can actually take a photo of the Ukes and trace it on their website to make a perfect fit. The square sections will be for strings or other small items.

Thanks to Hani Sandler for recommending this unique company!

I will post pics when I get it.

I was going to make one for just the Nano Uke but it's not practical for the price around $50.

But making a larger case 26x17x6 it will hold a standard soprano, a Sopranino and my Nano plus two cutouts for extra stuff. Now that is practical. It will be $140 for the case and custom foam.

If you have your own case you can just build the foam inserts. Two types of foam are offered. One that is like a pool noodle and regular more pliable foam.

And it's really easy to design you upload photos of each Uke and use them to trace the cutouts.

Great stuff! :rock:

Last edited:
I'd be concerned with the foam touching the uke. In standard uke cases the foam is covered with a soft felt-like cloth. The black foam used in these cases is the foam normally used in camera cases. It's fine with guns, cameras, etc but with a wooden uke I wonder about it reacting with the finish. With the "pool noodle" foam I wonder if it would be slightly abrasive without a cloth covering.

Last edited:
he ordered polyethylene. It's pretty non-reactive. Same stuff most plastic bags are made of.
As far as abrasive.. that one might be a concern with a gloss finish.
Or not.

Very cool company, and wow that the prices are not through the roof, which is what most custom cases cost. I need something for a flute with a head joint that doesn't fit any standard cases out there. I'm going to check this company out.

As mentioned earlier this is for transport and travel. I hang all my Ukes.

I will let you know once it arrives. They do offer the softer foam as well. A highly recommended option is to add a fail safe 8$ fee which according to them fail safe covers changes to cavities and/or foam type so you can redo the foam or change it if need be.

I plan to do a video review of it.

What I like is being able to go on a trip with this and my fusion or fiberglass case and have 4 unique Ukes with me even the tiny nano. Great for a Uke fest...

A possible alternative if the foam is too "rough" which I seriously doubt is to have a friend saw 3 bags for the Ukes of thin satin or cotton. Like drawstring bags so they can be stored in the bags in the case. If the foam is too tight for the bags I can use the fail safe to get a slightly larger cutout to account for the bags. But I really don't think i will need this alternative.

Last edited:
Sounds like you have this well covered...no pun intended. Looking forward to your review. It sure looks like a very interesting case option.

Wow, cool!
I plan to do a video review of it.
Look forward to seeing it!

My Alien Uke painted by Kim Rausch McLaws is all set to travel far and wide along with the Pixie and Nano Ukes in the custom case made by mycasebuilder.com

I'll be posting a review soon but here are some photos in the meantime

image.jpg

image.jpg

For those concerned about having the foam touch the Ukes. However as this is for transport I'm not that concerned about it.

image.jpg

Stickers in place, all set for travel

image.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm...

A custom case that actually fits the Sceptre....

Gotta think this one through....

-Kurt​

It's easy enough to check out. Just use a pcmor Mac take a picnic your sceptre (I love mine) and follow the prompts to make a custom foam. You can pick the kind of case you want based on the dimensions and availability. And voila.

I did not want to spend $50 for a tiny nano caSe as I just don't see it being practical. However the 3 Uke setup including a soprano made it more practical even at $140 which is on par with what it would cost for three individual cases.

They are very helpful and this is all they do. So the case is truly unique useful and reasonably priced.

Just try out the process of building it then decide if you want to purchase it at the end.

Hmmm...

A custom case that actually fits the Sceptre....

Gotta think this one through....

-Kurt​

Too much trouble to do all that. I'm very happy with the Custom Made Case which was comparable to what I would have paid for one good Uke case.

You can find the link and thread to a full written and video review of my experience on THIS Thread

Many plastic supply and cutting places have a laser cutter. I took my uke there, they traced it on to dome polystyrene blanks and used the laser cutter to make a polystyrene box, exactly the right shape. This was enough for me, but there are plastic welding shops that can make a hard case to fit around the polystyrene. Then you buy some silk or 100% cotton cloth to put between the wood and polystyrene.
Just look in your local industrial area, you are bound to find a laser cutter and plastic welder. They love to make interesting cases.

Top Bottom