Going in not knowing with what I will come out

Luke El U

Reaction score
It's a glorious feeling. I've been saving for over a year now, and the time has come for the Guangzhou (Canton) Music Exhibition. If it's anything like the one held annually in Shanghai, there'll be plenty from which to choose. And the last time I did that, I came out with "Ponos" that had been made in China before the factory moved to Indonesia. Rock bottom prices and they still play beautifully.

Banjo ukes have been on my mind. Eastman will be there. Who knows, maybe I won't buy anything at all. But I'm going in this Easter Sunday knowing I've waited and saved long enough. With a clear conscience, I'm ready to fill the basket with more than just jelly beans and chocolate bunnies!

It's a glorious feeling. I've been saving for over a year now, and the time has come for the Guangzhou (Canton) Music Exhibition. If it's anything like the one held annually in Shanghai, there'll be plenty from which to choose. And the last time I did that, I came out with "Ponos" that had been made in China before the factory moved to Indonesia. Rock bottom prices and they still play beautifully.

Banjo ukes have been on my mind. Eastman will be there. Who knows, maybe I won't buy anything at all. But I'm going in this Easter Sunday knowing I've waited and saved long enough. With a clear conscience, I'm ready to fill the basket with more than just jelly beans and chocolate bunnies!

OMG that sounds like a blast.

How awesome!!! Hope you find something magical! Yes, it is a great feeling to work at saving, and then know that you are ready to look for something wonderful.

One of my best sounding and playing ukes I ordered direct from China, the two hole Uku in my signature. After experiencing NAMM the last couple of years, I would love to attend a Chinese trade show, but I keep buying ukes or u-basses with my extra money.

One of my best sounding and playing ukes I ordered direct from China, the two hole Uku in my signature. After experiencing NAMM the last couple of years, I would love to attend a Chinese trade show, but I keep buying ukes or u-basses with my extra money.

That's a beautiful collection you've got there, and I really like the way you've displayed it in your signature. I'm hoping to diversify my own collection more by getting a banjolele and maybe a bass uke. I'll keep an eye out for vendors who might have an Uku Hanknn for sale. Thanks for the tip!

Top Bottom