Famous uke players who did not gain their fame from playing ukulele.

Canada Jim

Reaction score
Another thread, posted by Greenie44, shows a famous uke player, Francis Ford Coppola, who gained his fame in another genre. Rather than hi-jack his thread, I thought it best to start a new one. I wonder how many of these we can find.
I'll start. While this guy did gain fame for his music, he is not generally considered a ukulele player.
elvis.jpg

Last edited:
William H. Macy.
Bette Midler

Billionaire Warren Buffett

Oops, how the heck did I miss that Mr Buffett had already been mentioned here? I know, I'll blame it on the brain fog I've been if for three days now.....
guess I'll have to come up with another name.....being that I'm now disqualified!

Pierce Brosnan (as seen on the Kamoa web site)

brosnan_pierce.jpg

Might as well repeat the one I posted on the Greenie's thread; the previous mayor of Beverly Hills rehearsing his uke performance at the 100th Anniversary of Beverly Hills, John Mirisch (of the film producer Mirisch family).

Mirsch ukulele.jpg

You can include John Lennon with his bandmates.

Thanks for that, I wasn't entirely sure and didn't have time to look it up earlier! I knew he played banjo... and there's a photo of him out there holding a plastic "toy Beatles guitar" AKA plastic uke, but I wasn't certain if he actually played.

Top Bottom