Strings By Mail

Down Up Dick

Reaction score
Has anyone bought strings from Strings By Mail? Good? Okay? Bad? I need some strings and can't find what I want in stores.

Too bad all strings can't be the same size. :eek:ld:

I have had great service on strings from Uke Republic. If you have a question give Mike a call. He will give you sage advice. I have gotten strings as quick as the next day after ordering them.
Cliff

I have used SBM as well. No problems at all, good service.

Strings by Mail is awesome

All of the online services have slightly different stock, so it depends what you want. Lately, JustStrings has been getting most of my business, as their "description" section for most strings includes gauges and tensions, making it easier to mix and match.

I use Just Strings. Awesome. Going shopping there now!

Strings By Mail is terrific - I love them because they are the only place I have seen that sells my favorite Savarez set.

Has anyone bought strings from Strings By Mail? Good? Okay? Bad? I need some strings and can't find what I want in stores.

Too bad all strings can't be the same size. :eek:ld:

Yes, I've had good experiences buying strings from them. Prompt email receipts, fast shipping and always sent the right strings.

They had a particular string type that others didn't carry. Can't remember what that was now.

Strings By Mail is terrific - I love them because they are the only place I have seen that sells my favorite Savarez set.

Yes, that was it. Savarez.

I bought some.
They came fast.
Shipping is $4.

The C on the set of oasis bright, was too short to make 2 tenor sets.

The selection offered in local shops is not good and the prices are high so I normally buy mine from Elderly Instuments, MI, good selection, good service.

As posted elsewhere, when I wanted a specific item from Aquila I ordered direct from Italy, otherwise I have used Elderly with good results.

Strings by Mail have been good for us, and easy to do business with.

We've also ordered from Southcoast, Elderly and Amazon.

Strings By Mail is an excellent web-based merchant. My experiences with them have been as good as with any other, including HMS, Elderly, Just Strings, Uke Republic, Strings And Beyond, Guitar Strings By Mail, zZounds, Musicians' Friend, Sweetwater, and Guadalupe.

Well, after battling the darned order forms most of the day, I finally got 'er done on the good ol' telephone. My Lord, Progress?

Please excuse all the whining, I was upset. But wait 'til I get the order and it's wrong! :eek:ld:

Strings by Mail is great, I've had good dealings with them. You may also want to try Southcoast, Dirk does a great job. Very knowledgeable very helpful.

+1 for Strings by Mail. Great service into Canada and never an issue.

Top Bottom