Hello from SF

uku0729

Reaction score
I have played piano for over five decades and started guitar about 4 1/2 years ago. I feel in love with guitar immediately and eventually moved to nylon string guitars and fingerstyle arrangements. I discovered the ukulele in February of this year and am totally crazy about playing ukulele! Doing fingerstyle arrangements of Beatle tunes plus other great tunes like "Moon River", "Starry, Starry Night", " La Vie en Rose", etc. My favorite players are Kimo Hussey, Brittni Paiva and Kalei Gamiao and I own a Kala Baritone (all solid mahogany), a Bruce Wei tenor (all solid acacia) and a Fender Koa Nohea.

Welcome uku0729 I'm assuming that SF is San Francisco, a great city. My wife and i spent part of our honeymoon in your beautiful city. I think you will enjoy this site. Lots of good info and good people. Your strong musical background is welcomed.

Greetings and welcome. Glad you joined us.

Welcome to UU, you will like the nice people here! Sounds like you play great music.

I have recently ordered a ukulele from your city, from Blackbird Guitars, a Blackbird Clara. Can't wait to get it!

Welcome Uku from Australia........I'm pretty much new too, still finding my way. Wonderful members here with plenty of knowledge. Enjoy

Welcome to UU!

Hello. You sound skilled. I like the players that you like, plus Taimane.

I like turtles.

Hello. You sound skilled. I like the players that you like, plus Taimane.

I like turtles.

Thanks again to all for the warm welcome. I saw a great tip about doing Youtube videos in the Tips and Tricks subforum and will try to put up one in the near future.

I enjoy many other artists, too, but those three (especially Kimo and Brittni) embody all that I cherish in their arrangements, namely, tremendous musicality and presenting the song above all else.

Top Bottom