Uke S.A.

fretie

Reaction score
I like the tear-drop shape. Hmm...really tempted to place an order. How is pinewood as a tone wood?

Last edited:
This is fascinating. I wouldn't have guessed that pine is a decent tone wood, but that that uke sounds nice in the video.

The video on the site had a nice sound. I like the shape. How soft is pine, say, compared to cedar?

Does anyone happen to know the song he is strumming on the video example on the website. It sure looks fun.

The site says "Hand made in Hawai'i by Papa KoAloha himself!"

The song is "Crazy G". Corey did a tutorial on it himself. https://vimeo.com/25020444
And there are lots of them on YT also.

Looks like a fun little uke. Sounds great in the hands of Corey. I would like to see different tuners though.

Moore Bettah makes some ukes with Douglas Fir, that's pine isn't it? My friend has one, it sounds great!

personally, I don't care for the teardrop shape, but if you want something different...

ambilevous, huh? ;-D

Last edited:
Looks pretty cool and made in the USA

I like the idea of getting more U.S. made instruments in my price range and this one looks cool to me so I went ahead and ordered one...

I'm really tempted by this: it's innovative, it's made by KoAloha, and it's U.S.-built. I even like the teardrop shape, which reminds me of the old Lyon & Healy and Favilla teardrops. But I'm just not a soprano player these days. If they came up with a longneck, I'd be all over it.

That thing is very cool. I like it. Thanks for sharing! :)

I emailed last night around midnight eastern time about installing strap buttons. Received an answer within minutes. I realize it wasn't midnight there, but that was still pretty impressive.

No problem installing on the heel and the bottom has a tailblock that you can drill into for the strap button. They don't seem to offer that when you buy from the website, but it is good to know that it can be done.

I emailed last night around midnight eastern time about installing strap buttons. Received an answer within minutes. I realize it wasn't midnight there, but that was still pretty impressive.

No problem installing on the heel and the bottom has a tailblock that you can drill into for the strap button. They don't seem to offer that when you buy from the website, but it is good to know that it can be done.

Thanks for sharing that... good to know because if I ordered one I'd want a strap button installed as well.

According to 'Pops' the first one of these ukes sold went to a Canadian woman! Way to get in there, wiki wiki, Canuck!

Very interesting looking ukulele. I went to their site but missed where is said the wood was Pine. What is the fretboard made out of? I assume with Pops work..... its all solid wood! +1 on a Tenor scale........ I'd buy one.

Top Bottom