Can I string my baritone with tenor strings?

ukulelefatman

Reaction score
Just wondering if it's possible....are they long enough?.....will too much tension be a problem?
I was thinking of trying it with a set of tenor aquila's, and tuning GCEA.

Anyone tried?

Does anyone make GCEA strings for baritone?

Thanks in advance for your help, criticism or vulgar verbal abuse.

Eric

Aquila has a set with GCEA tuning . . .

No, too tight. But it is a great way to tune your baritone and not have to transpose. And it works fine with the correct set of strings.

http://www.ukuleleworld.com/baritone/

Go here....buy a C set.

I loaned my baritone to my nephew to learn on, he's doing well and wants to jam with his uncle.
I figure this will save a lot of transposition headache, make it easier to teach him with my concert...and also allow him to play along with the video lessons here and elsewhere.

I'm sure in a week he'll be dreaming of a tenor kamaka....just like his uncle:shaka:

Thanks again for the replies.

Has anyone tried the GCEA aquilas for baritone? What did you think?

It can be done. Did it. Not a big deal. You get a little deeper tone but not like "oh mama, oh wow" kind of a difference. If you are going to do it, use all nylon strings. No wound strings.

I loaned my baritone to my nephew to learn on, he's doing well and wants to jam with his uncle.
I figure this will save a lot of transposition headache, make it easier to teach him with my concert...and also allow him to play along with the video lessons here and elsewhere.

I'm sure in a week he'll be dreaming of a tenor kamaka....just like his uncle:shaka:

Thanks again for the replies.

Has anyone tried the GCEA aquilas for baritone? What did you think?

I use Aquila GCEA strings on my Lanikai bari. I think they make it sound great.

Thanks....I searched and didn't see any....then went to Musicguymic's ebay store, and found em'.
On the way......thanks mike.

Mics ebay store is great, he does have some good deals and looks like he offers what others don't. I'm waiting for my order right now as we speak!

Got my Aquila's from musicguymic. The baritone sounds awesome in GCEA :)

I got em' all stretched out now,so they don't require tuning every 2 minutes....ready to start jamming with my nephew.

Man....this baby is LOUD now!!

Eric

I can't believe i didn't see this thread. i posted in another section on someone else's thread. sorry to jump on but - can i string my soprano with concert strings?? this'll be my first string change and i got gifted some so i wanna try them out

Top Bottom