I may be going daft

Ukejenny

Reaction score
I just can't seem to wait on my BBC to get here. I keep watching videos and reading reviews and posts made here about the Clara. I can't concentrate and I may be getting edgy and moody. I may need to be medicated. :drool:

uh...whut's a BBC?

Hi, Danno, it means Blackbird Clara I think.

And, Jenny and Jagadeesh your problems are exactly why we buy new stuff. The excitement, the agony of waiting, the poring over and over information about it. It's sorta like Christmas when you were little--so enjoy!

And then . . . what if ya don't like it when it arrives. Dun, dun, dun . . . :eek:ld:

Perish the thought!!! I'm pretty sure I will love it. Waiting for my new instrument is also making me check UU more often.

I don't think anyone here has disliked the Clara after they have played it. One person initially detested it, then had a major change of mind.

Can't wait to read your review of it, Jenny.

Last edited:
I know you have been wanting the Clara for a good long while now! When I was searching in UU for all the Clara-related posts I saw you express your hope to get one by last Christmas. I am so happy you were finally able to order one and I can imagine now that the waiting is almost through, it's that much harder! Hang in there!

Y'all are so sweet!!! Since I'm not a collector, I had to weigh my options and try to judge what I will be playing for the next few decades and I just kept coming back to the Clara. When I was first starting ukulele, I remember looking at the Blackbird Tenor and thinking, wow... someday. And then, I learned that concert was the actual scale that suited me best. Then, when they started making a concert scale, I was beside myself. This may be the most I've ever spent on any instrument, aside from our piano that rarely gets played. My wind instruments were all searched out and bought for a great discount, used.

I don't think anyone here has disliked the Clara after they have played it. One person initially detested it, then had a major change of mind.

Can't wait to read your review of it, Jenny.

I don't know if I am even worthy to give a review, but I will surely be gushing on here about it.

I'm the same way whenever I order a new instrument!! I pore over specs, videos, pictures, reviews - anything I can find! I lose sleep!! Its a sweet decline to lunacy, you have to admit. ��

Anticipation.....

Jenny, if you are going daft it is the good kind of daft. To be that excited about something is a wonderful thing. I am so happy for you, the anticipation (great Carly Simon video) makes the heart grow that much fonder. You deserve it and you will give a great review because you are so jazzed about it. May you make beautiful music together for a long time to come

Please take time out and let us know when it arrives. You can hold it with one hand and type with the other....
I want a BBC too, and I totally get your excitement, and don't blame you for sweating, drooling, losing sleep, or forgetting to eat. I just hope you don't get the shakes.....those are awful. They've made me spill good wine.

Please take time out and let us know when it arrives. You can hold it with one hand and type with the other....
I want a BBC too, and I totally get your excitement, and don't blame you for sweating, drooling, losing sleep, or forgetting to eat. I just hope you don't get the shakes.....those are awful. They've made me spill good wine.

I may have to check myself in at the Betty... Do they have ukehab?

Dear, dear Jenny...when I was waiting for my Clara, I played the Blackbird video every couple of hours! I loved walking in the woods with the young man whose Clara was slung over his shoulder. I loved sitting by the tree with him. I loved hearing him play.

But I REALLY wanted him to give me the Clara and leave the woods to me, too.:)

Jenny,in another thread I wrote of the arrival of my Clara in a snowstorm. I'll never forget it!

Your day will be just as memorable, too. When you hear the beauty of its voice and see how truly beautiful it looks, you'll find yourself starring in your own video. And your infatuation? Well, that becomes pure love! Yup, I can see that balloon dangling the Clara headed right towards your heart!

Top Bottom