Honolulu UAS and the cure

bigphil

Reaction score
We made it to Honolulu last evening and I'm dying to expand my uke collection. Here's a couple of sweet choices I found at the ABC.
What would YOU choose? The painted floral design, available in several colors by the way...
IMG_20150410_013521942_HDR.jpg

Or the awesome palm tree soundhole model.

IMG_20150410_013527208.jpg

Decisions, decisions...

Haha..I would go with the blue one...I bet the tone is right on.....and the price can not be beat......:) this should cure your UAS..you won't want any other uke after this one....

How nice! No need now to go to any of the K brand stores while in Hawaii- you can just lie in the sun and strum that floral or palm tree uke :cool:

I don't want to make any rash decisions, so I'm going to look around a little more before making a choice.

We got to Aloha Ukulele as they were locking the doors, maybe tomorrow...

Take your time Phil....you may find some a little Better than these....:) I hear you met my friend tonight...nice uke huh?

Too bad international marketplace is not there no more, you'd have a much better selection... :)
Hey not bad for a vacation busker uke...

Well, I'm going to be in Honolulu in three weeks time, and any recommendations about ANYTHING will be gladly received as I need to make PLANS! I can't wait! You have a great time bigphil!

(sorry - I'm not intending to highjack your thread, Phil! Perhaps folk could send me a message! :) )

Last edited:
Ukulele Pua Pua is in Waikiki, nice store and nice people. No trip to Oahu would be complete without a trip in HMS. If there's an uke heaven this store is it.
MM Stan mentioned the International Market Place being closed. Used to love the Puka Dog Shop. I would go there for lunch all the time when I'm in Honolulu. Stan, did the Puka Dog Stand relocate? We will be on Oahu all of July and I am hoping they are still in business.

Cool ukes. I would pick the palm tree sound hole myself. Whatever you do be sure to make some great musical memories of your trip!

We made it to Honolulu last evening and I'm dying to expand my uke collection. Here's a couple of sweet choices I found at the ABC.
What would YOU choose? The painted floral design, available in several colors by the way...
View attachment 78343

Or the awesome palm tree soundhole model.

View attachment 78344

Decisions, decisions...

You know you can get "K" brand ukulele anywhere in the world. But you can only get those ukulele at the ABC store.

Take your time Phil....you may find some a little Better than these....:) I hear you met my friend tonight...nice uke huh?

Yes we did have a nice visit and she does have a beautiful instrument. I wonder if I could possibly find something sort of like that one... I'm definitely going to keep shopping a bit More.

Well, I'm going to be in Honolulu in three weeks time, and any recommendations about ANYTHING will be gladly received as I need to make PLANS! I can't wait! You have a great time bigphil!

(sorry - I'm not intending to highjack your thread, Phil! Perhaps folk could send me a message! :) )

Perfectly okay to jump right in, any and all input is appreciated. If you can gain some insight from people's comments that's great!

Last edited:
Ukulele Pua Pua is in Waikiki, nice store and nice people. No trip to Oahu would be complete without a trip in HMS. If there's an uke heaven this store is it.

Those stores are all on my must see list. That's one of the great things about coming here, there are lots of stores with only ukes where as back home there are plenty of music stores but generally with only a small ukulele selection.

You might want to check out WalMart too Phil. The store over here sells them in a cardboard box with a cool clear plastic window that allows you to see the body of the uke without taking it out of the box. You can male a handle out of duct tape and it makes a nice carrying case. You'll be the envy of everyone on Da Bus.

MM Stan mentioned the International Market Place being closed. Used to love the Puka Dog Shop. I would go there for lunch all the time when I'm in Honolulu. Stan, did the Puka Dog Stand relocate? We will be on Oahu all of July and I am hoping they are still in business.

there is one in Haleiwa..same town the The Ukulele Site is in....:)

Last I heard the puka, dog stand was in the back on Kuhio avenue

Gee Phil, there must be moore places you can try some ukuleles.

You might want to check out WalMart too Phil. The store over here sells them in a cardboard box with a cool clear plastic window that allows you to see the body of the uke without taking it out of the box. You can male a handle out of duct tape and it makes a nice carrying case. You'll be the envy of everyone on Da Bus.

Well this MUST be a good suggestion, considering who is recommending it! I'll definitely check that out!

Top Bottom