NAD almost as exciting as NUD

DownUpDave

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
NewAccessoryDay........can be fun too. I have always been a thing and gadget guy so uke tuners, strings, straps and stands etc call out to me. Here are some pictures of some of the things I recently acquired and a brief review.

#1 : Sherrins Threads on Etsy makes fabulous uke and guitar straps. I own four of her 1" straps and yesterday I received these 2 new straps that are 1-1/2". If I had to do it over again it would be all 1-1-2" straps, they are more comfortable and don't let the uke slide down like the 1" strap can. That is for tenors, smaller ukes the 1" is great.

#2 : Hola! collapsible small instrument stand. These can be had on Amazon and are branded by about 5-6 different companies but are all the same, pricing between $12.00 - $20.00. The Hola! was $12.00 and is the same as the most expensive one. It works great, I was just in Santa Barbara for a week, used it every day, folds up flat, love it. Nice and compact when folded so great to travel with, think uke festivals.

#3 : Kala uke stand. Nice dark coloured wood with padding, pulls apart to store flat, very stable. I got this last October as a birthday gift and use it everyday, It is indespensible for my purposes and I would not be without one.

Accessories are fun............now I get all you ladies with the purses, shoes, braclets etc. etc.

20150411_102630.jpg20150411_103510.jpg1428765812761.jpg1428767172953.jpg

Last edited:
You're right Dave, uke accessorizing is fun. I have that same folding stand in my bag, a more solid one for home, and make my own straps.

Cheers
Jim

P.S. didn't you say one of those purse, show, bracelet, etc. ladies was your wife? :rolleyes:

You're right Dave, uke accessorizing is fun. I have that same folding stand in my bag, a more solid one for home, and make my own straps.

Cheers
Jim

P.S. didn't you say one of those purse, show, bracelet, etc. ladies was your wife? :rolleyes:

My wife is absolutely a purse, shoe, braclet accessorizer type. I buy my toys and she buys all that other stuff and nobody comments about the other persons purchases. Been working well for 33 years so far!!! :p

Last edited:
DUD.....what is make of ukulele in your pictures? I'm a accessory guy too. Always on the lookout for something new.
Thanks for sharing.

DUD.....what is make of ukulele in your pictures? I'm a accessory guy too. Always on the lookout for something new.
Thanks for sharing.

The make of uke is a Webber. David Webber is a custom guitar builder out of Vancouver Canada, just received it on Thursday. I will be doing a NUD post and review in a few days, still shaking it out but so far so good. Tenor with radius fretboard, engleman spruce top and cocobolo back and sides.

The make of uke is a Webber. David Webber is a custom guitar builder out of Vancouver Canada, just received it on Thursday. I will be doing a NUD post and review in a few days, still shaking it out but so far so good. Tenor with radius fretboard, engleman spruce top and cocobolo back and sides.

Nice reviews.
The uke looks beautiful.
Is this the Webber that was available at Bluedog's Guitars in Canada?
Also, do you notice the soundboard panels showing a different sheen or color? Some spruce tops appear(from the photos I have seen) to have a considerable difference in the visual appearance of the wood from the left to right side panels and I am wondering if it is just a trick of lighting or if this is common on spruce top ukes.
You can see it on the spruce on this website(1/2 way down the page) but I cannot see it on yours.
http://www.bluedogguitars.com/Ukes_Ukuleles_Vancouver.html

Congrats again on your new accessories and the new uke.
=)

I look forward to hearing a sound sample.

Nice drive by gloat Dave. :shaka:

Nice drive by gloat Dave. :shaka:

In golf forums we called that a passive brag. :eek: " Mishit that drive, only went 285 yards" .I was just answering the man's question Jim ;)

The main reason for the post was the straps. I really love these straps and Sherrin is great to deal with. I was amazed at how much better I like the 1-1/2" compared to the 1" ones I have.

Last edited:
Nice reviews.
The uke looks beautiful.
Is this the Webber that was available at Bluedog's Guitars in Canada?
Also, do you notice the soundboard panels showing a different sheen or color? Some spruce tops appear(from the photos I have seen) to have a considerable difference in the visual appearance of the wood from the left to right side panels and I am wondering if it is just a trick of lighting or if this is common on spruce top ukes.
You can see it on the spruce on this website(1/2 way down the page) but I cannot see it on yours.
http://www.bluedogguitars.com/Ukes_Ukuleles_Vancouver.html

Congrats again on your new accessories and the new uke.
=)

I look forward to hearing a sound sample.

I got this uke straight from David, not the one on bluedog. Spruce can show the difference in bookmatched tones the most,:)I have seen it in koa a lot of times as well. My top does not show any difference. Does that qualify as another gloat Jim....:biglaugh::biglaugh:

DUD, I thought it was a Webber. Its the rounded * shape body * that gives it away. I've been corresponding with David and Blue Dog on these. Not many have them but David is well known and respected in custom guitar circles. I'd love to read your review and get comments. I purchased a Moodyville from Shelly also in N Vancouver and its awesome. I know have close to enough to get anothere custom and with US-Canadian $ exchange and some really good builders at home, I'm looking inwards. From the pictures, David makes a great looking product . Don't mean to hijack your accessories thread so if you want to comment by PM... love to hear what you think and compare to all those great Ukuleles you collected up. Sounds samples coming ! <g>
Cheers

I have a long way to go before my NUD and NAD even gets close to the 18ft deep vee boat, the 14ft jon boat, the 12ft jon boat, the 8ft creek boat, and all the fishing poles, tackle, life jackets, and bait that have been bought by DH over the past 21 years. And, I would even add in my 14 ft travel trailer on my side of the ledger, and still would be able to buy some K brands and not even get to close to equal outlay.

Last edited:
I have a long way to go before my NUD and NAD even gets close to the 18ft deep vee boat, the 14ft jon boat, the 12ft jon boat, the 8ft creek boat, and all the fishing poles, tackle, life jackets, and bait that have been bought by DH over the past 21 years. And, I would even add in my 14 ft travel trailer on my side of the ledger, and still would be able to buy some K brands and not even get to close to equal outlay.

Well darlin' you need to get busy. Life is too short to wait on the simple pleasures that a FINE ukulele brings. It is small scale cash outlay compared to three boats and all the other stuff that goes with it. Woooo, just recounted, that is four boats. You deserve one each of the different K brands.

Kamaka
Koaloha
Kanile'a
Ko'olau

There one for each of the boats. Even Steven

Last edited:
Very nice haul DUD! Your Hola folding stand looks like the Profile one I have; maybe branded differently in Canada. Have you seen the wooden Cooper mini ones? Looking forward to your new Webber unveiling. It's oh so nice and shiny looking in your pics.

Very nice haul DUD! Your Hola folding stand looks like the Profile one I have; maybe branded differently in Canada. Have you seen the wooden Cooper mini ones? Looking forward to your new Webber unveiling. It's oh so nice and shiny looking in your pics.

I have seen the Coopers, very cool looking. I bought the Hola from Amazon and had it shipped to my sisters at Santa Barbara for my arrival. I actually bought two and gave one to Simon. They should come in handy for the Uke Festival in Midland, we are gonna jam around the pool late at night.......right

Hi All,

I also bought that fold up compact stand, but found it not so stable for a tenor uke size. I think fine for concert or smaller, but for my tenors, I found them a little unstable to my liking. If you look at the design, then you see there is not much support for tipping backwards. So, if you give a little nudge, with a taller tenor uke, it can tip over backwards without too much force. Maybe not an issue if you have it back up against a wall or corner to prevent it from fully falling over, or dont have any concerns about it being nudged, or use it for a concert or smaller. Just my 2 cents, and I realize it may be fine for others.

I'm into accessories, too, found a really nice 1" strap for my ukes, and now waiting for a modification of an amp stand I bought recently and drew up for a welder, taking it from barely portable to very portable.

Amp stand mod.jpg

Top Bottom