Fs soprano konablaster electric steel string ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

strumsilly

Reaction score
Bought this to hold me until i got my Risa. now a friend made me a baritone. I don't need this.
works great and is a lot of fun. the fuzz is wearing thin in a spot on the back, and there is some staining[play wear?] on the front. nice neck.
comes with fleabag.new lower price, 150 shipped CONUSDSC04782.jpgDSC04783.jpgDSC04784.jpgDSC04785.jpg

Last edited:
Is this strung high G or low G?

how are the steel strings compared to normal uke/fluoro strings?

They are literally harder, but easier to fret, so it's a wash for me. the action can be set much lower as the strings don't seem to move as much and you use a much lighter touch. they settle in much faster too.

I keep looking at this and was about to make an offer but I have to ask. (question removed) Answered it myself.

Last edited:
PM sent.

I have an idea for a steel string soprano that looks like my BC Rich guitar I no longer play. While I have collected a few parts and accurate body plans I do not know if I'll ever build the thing. I work much better as a thinker.

Canned ham body shape with a stylized pineapple headstock. This is not a looker but I'm looking for something to play. Hmm maybe strip it and paint it like a ham complete with cloves lol.

I love its wooly back! Maybe some UU member from North Wales would like it - Mike F? (Liverpool people call those from NW "wooly backs" :)

The KonaBlaster soprano is fun. Traded for one a few months ago and find it a lot of fun. That 30.06 bridge is a conversation-starter and the sound isn't half-bad at all. EMando.com is a great source of strings at all gauges as well.

What you got, dude? I've loved BC Rich for over 30 years, and always wanted a Mockingbird Supreme or a Bitch.

The first good electric guitar I ever owned was a 70's Mockingbird that I bought for $125 at a garage sale in 1987.

e043b0f0-5a81-4984-8ace-8118f9403fdd.JPG

I kept it for about 4 months then traded it for a mid 70's Gibson Explorer. Hung on to that for about 3 weeks because it was one of the worst guitar I've ever owned. Traded that for a 70's Firebird with a single mini humbucker in the bridge. Kept that for almost a year then traded it for my '65 Princeton Reverb, which I still have.

The Explorer has always been my favourite shape, but it has to have the droopy headstock, so only Gibson or Hamer do it for me. Mockingbirds are beautiful though.

I've always loved Explorers. Sonically I always found them to be between a Les Paul and an SG. About 10 years ago I almost bought a Hamer Explorer with a checkerboard finish. I mean I came real close, as in the store let me bring it home over a long holiday weekend to check it out at my leisure.

Funny, the Hamer I looked at was also an '82. Hmmm...

Same here, I still love Cheap Trick.

I was 20 in 86 with friends that were heavy in the underground thrash scene way back when. I bought a USA made bolt on neck Warlock with a LFR floating bridge. It was always a dark muddy sounding guitar so its been hotrodded with a really bright set of classic 70's Bill Lawrence blade style pickups. That damn bridge was what killed it for me.

Maybe playing the steel strings on this little "Ham Hock" will make me want to lock that dang bridge down and get the warlock playable again. Its just so frickin big!

my-axe.jpg It has the classic BC Rich inline headstock.

I await Hammy's arrival and I'm going to start researching the gauge string needed for linear tuning.

EDIT: I have accurate drawings of the warlock, bitch and mockingbird. The mocking bird shape would make a classy ukulele.

~peace~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom