How to make YouTube instructional videos?

Recstar24

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to start preparing some videos for my music curriculum for next year, as my school will be full iPad 1:1 integrated so all my students will have an iPad for class. I want to make videos just like you see out there where there is a little fretboard diagram changing along with the music and me playing.

What programs are out there that would allow me to imbed a fretboard diagram with video to show kids what I'm playing on the fretboard as im playing it?

Last edited:
I hope you share a link when you make these vids. My daughter loves learning this way. Her teacher has directed the kids to this lady's videos. My kid enjoys them.

Cute! I will definitely share once I start plunking away.

I was watching aldrines newest YouTube tutorial of an Ed Sheersn tune, and the production of the video was fantastic. There was a part where he plays a little solo, and the fretboard tracks along his solo and show you exactly what he is fretting! My thought was how helpful that would be for my kids, as trying to teach a full class to fingerpicking melody, even with the use of tab, is challenging, and with the iPads and visuals, kids can use headphones and really focus in.

Cute! I will definitely share once I start plunking away.

I was watching aldrines newest YouTube tutorial of an Ed Sheersn tune, and the production of the video was fantastic. There was a part where he plays a little solo, and the fretboard tracks along his solo and show you exactly what he is fretting! My thought was how helpful that would be for my kids, as trying to teach a full class to fingerpicking melody, even with the use of tab, is challenging, and with the iPads and visuals, kids can use headphones and really focus in.

Aldrine's videos are awesome!

Also, if you did a video on how to tune a ukulele, it would be very beneficial. At our school uke club, I've noticed that most kids still do not know how to tune their uke, away from school. Most of the parents don't understand how to, either and they even find tuners to be confusing. So a tutorial explaining that, would maybe help some of the kids and parents out. I've noticed that a lot of these kids get no practice time at home because they don't know how to tune their ukes.

Top Bottom