PDA

View Full Version : FS: Koaloha KSM-03 Longneck Pineapple Soprano

janeray1940
04-12-2015, 04:26 PM
Up for sale is my recently-acquired Koaloha KSM-03 longneck pineapple soprano. It is the same one that was posted here (http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?87551-FS-Koaloha-Long-neck-Pineapple-Soprano) some time ago, and you can see much better photos in that post than I am capable of taking. It's a fantastic uke and the only reason I am selling it is because of an incoming Kamaka longneck soprano that I need to raise funds for.

Specs:

*All Hawaiian Koa body
*Sapele neck
*17 fret neck
*14-fret join
*Koaloha friction tuners (amber-colored)
*Uke Crazy polyfoam case
*strap button

This is a concert neck on a soprano body - AKA a super-soprano, a great option for those who would like a little more room than a regular soprano fretboard has, but still retains that soprano sound.

Per the original listing, this was sold as a factory second but for the life of me I cannot find what the issue was. Manufacture date September 2011.

Currently strung low G with a Fremont Soloist and Martin M600s for the other strings. Sounds equally great both reentrant and low G! Amazing projection and sustain. I will happily string this reentrant before shipping if that is what the buyer prefers.

Sound sample here (https://soundcloud.com/janeray-1/koaloha-ksm-03-longneck-pineapple-soprano-low-g-sound-sample/s-qehTZ).

These retail for around $800 new and are pretty hard to come by. I am asking $550 shipped, US only, payment by Paypal (gift preferred), but am open to negotiation - however, I'm not interested in trades as the objective here is to raise cash fast! I would prefer an in-person sale here in Santa Monica, CA, and will lower the price to $500 for a local buyer.

Please PM me with any questions. Thanks for looking!

JJFN
04-12-2015, 05:11 PM
Good luck, it's a beauty.

janeray1940
04-12-2015, 05:23 PM
Good luck, it's a beauty.

Thank you - it really is, and it wasn't an easy decision to make to let this one go. But I'm a diehard Kamaka fangirl, so... priorities :)

PhilUSAFRet
04-13-2015, 01:02 AM
Wow, great deal. Should go quickly.

janeray1940
04-13-2015, 03:37 PM
The uke has been sold. Thanks UU!