WTB Curly Koa Concert Uke. Looing for something special for my first Uke.

Sark

Reaction score
Realy like the K family of Ukes and leaning towards a Koaloha if I can find the right one. Looking for ideas.

I think you can't possibly go wrong with a KoAloha KCM-00. I think it's the best production concert there is.

While it is theoretically possible to get a Kanilea this nice for this kind of money, it is highly unlikely. I'd seriously consider this one if you are looking for choice curly Koa. Cosmetically, you are unlikely to find a KoAloha this pretty and a concert Kanilea is at least the equal of the KoAloha tone wise. They are both referred to as "tone monsters." Time to make Daisy an offer.

Kanilea KPEC Concert Premium ukulele

Kanilea KPEC Concert Premium ukulele, with master grade curly koa body, mahogany neck and ebony fretboard & bridge. Sand inlay logo and fret markers. Kanilea's UV high gloss finish. The koa wood grain looks absolutely gorgeous! Purchased new by me from HMS in early 2014. There's a small ding and a "wrinkle" on the neck, circled in the last pic. Other than that it's in excellent condition. Currently strung with Worth clear strings. Price includes shipping with insurance to CONUS. Feel free to email with any questions. Sound sample available at: https://soundcloud.com/lu359/kanilea-kpec Recorded with a condenser mic directly into USB interface into DAW with no editing.

Price: $1300
Name: Daisy
Telephone:
E-mail: dlu3579@gmail.com
Posted On: 3/21/2015

I agree with the others.........that Kanile'a Premium Concert is a great deal for a superb uke

All great options. I guess that I should of said that I am looking to spend < $750.

:agree: If the LoPrinzi in the picture above from Uke Republic is the one for sale, it's the fanciest Koa you will get anywhere near this price, new or used, and a great deal.

I have a really nice all Koa (including the neck) concert uke made by Ono ukuleles (Saltytri) on this forum. Commissioned directly, about two yrs ago from memory. Cantilevered fretboard, loud, great player strummed or finger style. Well under your price. Pm if interested ...

Top Bottom