Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain review

Preacher

Reaction score
Got to see the UOGB last night. In a word: FUN! I think I was smiling or laughing for pretty much the whole show. Their banter has some groan-inducing puns mixed with subtle humor and utter laugh-out-loud moments. Even the printed program had several chuckles (especially in dealing with their recent legal battles with that "other" UK uke group).

Oh yeah--and they can play the ukulele! Really, really well! Their incredibly diverse repertoire included an Italian number, a Lady Gaga piece, and several of their YouTube fan favorites. They had 7 performers last night (not sure where the 8th one was) and it was hard to know where to look because they were all playing the separate parts and I kept trying to figure out who was playing what.

The sound system was amazing (this was at Viterbo University in La Crosse, Wisconsin). They came out afterward and signed autographs. They did NOT have anything for sale due to customs fees. At this particular event, there was a pre-concert "discussion" where a local uke club talked to whoever was there about the ukulele and their club. The members of the UOGB joined them for part of the discussion. Very cool.

If you get the opportunity, definitely go see them. I am STILL smiling today.

Have tickets for 8 PM tonight to see them in Melbourne, FL at the King Center.....choice seats too. Can't wait. Lived in England for 3 years and also appreciate British humor.

Have tickets for 8 PM tonight to see them in Melbourne, FL at the King Center.....choice seats too. Can't wait. Lived in England for 3 years and also appreciate British humor.

I married a Brit. Her dry humor keeps me on my toes. There are 8-10 of us going down to G'ville from the Pensacola Uke group. Should be a blast
Cliff

Got tickets as a gift from my Mom for my birthday a few years ago, we took the whole family and everyone had a good time, Wasnt sure if I would like it, but it was a great evening. Its a funny show with good music. You will be laughing, their a crack up.

Seeing them on the 22nd in New Hampshire bringing my signature Uke and and 8x10 photo.

Wish they were coming to SoCal! I can imagine they are a ton of fun to see live. I was surprised by how many of them play with picks, er ah, plectrum's.

Gainsville would be a three day trip for us, pretty much, or I would be going! We have some folks from UBA going. Can't wait to hear about it.

Gainsville would be a three day trip for us, pretty much, or I would be going! We have some folks from UBA going. Can't wait to hear about it.

We will be jamming in the Lobby of The Lodge Sat evening. Tell those coming to come find us

Cliff

Was a great concert. These folks are wonderful entertainers. They kept a very appreciative audience smiling and tapping their toes for two hours. Made me want to run home after the concert and practice. This is a show that a uke lover would not want to miss.

I saw them perform at the Goldcoast in Queensland ,,,,Australia a couple of years ago I was hoping they would do their version of Wuthering Heights ,,alas they didn't but a very good show

Top Bottom