Has Anyone Heard of a Kekahuna Ukulele?

singsong

Reaction score
a1.jpga2.jpga3.jpga4.jpgYesterday we purchased a custom made, 5 string (Hi Lo G) Tenor made with 100% flame Koa. This is really premium Koa. The ukulele has a high gloss and a pickup installed. All I know or can find out is the builder of Kekahuna ukuleles is George Bence of Kona Hawaii. Can anyone give me information about this brand and is George still building ukuleles? Thanks for any information Bev Our website is "ukulele.mx"

Last edited:
Kekahuna Ukulele

View attachment 78599View attachment 78600View attachment 78601View attachment 78602Yesterday we purchased a custom made, 5 string (Hi Lo G) Tenor made with 100% flame Koa. This is really premium Koa. The ukulele has a high gloss and a pickup installed. All I know or can find out is the builder of Kekahuna ukuleles is George Bence of Kona Hawaii. Can anyone give me information about this brand and is George still building ukuleles? Thanks for any information Bev Our website is "ukulele.mx"

George Bence is also a musician and recently performs with a group called Maluhia, I believe, and currently on tour on Vancouver Island, Canada. He was also a classmate of mine at Kaiser HS in Hononlulu. He was always very talented playing the guitar when we were kids. Regarding his label, Kekahuna, I don't know much.

Top Bottom