FS: New SOPRANINO Koa Ukulele by Black Bear

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
This is a new sopranino size uke made of all Koa for the body. This Koa is 40+ years
old. The neck is Mango wood with a graphite truss rod. Although the mango does have worm holes, there are no worms, very unique looking wood. There are 12 frets to the body, 15 total. Nut width is 1 3/8". Rosewood fingerboard and bridge. Two maple rings for the rosette. White plastic dots with white side dots. Bone nut and saddle. Waverly brand chrome friction tuners with smaller uke-friendly ebony wood knobs. Clear Worth brand strings. The playing scale is 11 1/2". Can be tuned to the
standard pitch (high A) or up to a high B. High gloss nitro-lacquer finish hand
rubbed to a smooth satin touch and look. Low easy playing action and a very full
rich mellow Koa sound. Your complete satisfaction is guaranteed. No case but I will
double box for safe shipping. Made in the USA. $25 shipping in the USA lower 48
states.Payment by money order, personal check or bank draft only, no Paypal. Email me if you need more information. Thanks for looking.

Was $495, now $450

Attachments

• 2015-4-17 Sopranino-a.jpg
    2015-4-17 Sopranino-a.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 290
  • 2015-4-17 Sopranino-b.jpg
    2015-4-17 Sopranino-b.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 182
  • 2015-4-17 Sopranino-c.jpg
    2015-4-17 Sopranino-c.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 180
  • 2015-4-17 Sopranino-d.jpg
    2015-4-17 Sopranino-d.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
I have a Black Bear Sopranino that I bought on the forum a couple of years ago and it is an outstanding instrument. Somebody should grab this one!

Mitch

Sorry, I don't any means to upload a sound sample. The voice is clear and treble like because of the smaller body and higher pitch, with exceelent volume. I always offer a 2 day trial period for all sales and a money back guarantee minus shipping costs. Thanks for asking.

I could be interested but nowhere to listen it...

Thank you for the answer
ok
but I'm in France

and can you tell me'please if you have any soprano ukes for sale and the prices?
Incan t find that on your website...
thanks

No soprano ukes for sale at present, perhaps in a week or so. Prices vary, basic model around $575 and up.

Thank you for the answer
ok
but I'm in France

and can you tell me'please if you have any soprano ukes for sale and the prices?
Incan t find that on your website...
thanks

Several people have asked what it is like playing a shorter fret board. If you were to capo the soprano uke at the 3rd fret, that would now be a sopranino scale. Hope that helps.

Are you planning on any sopraninos with a cedar top in the near future?

I rarely use cedar for instruments any more. On a small instrument like a sopranino, there would not be much variation in the sound. To get it to sing on such a small top, it would have to be thinner and since cedar splits easily, I don't see the point.

Are you planning on any sopraninos with a cedar top in the near future?

Top Bottom