Woot!

Icelander53

Reaction score
4/20 I turn 62 today and can collect SS benefits. It's kind of funny with my birthday being such that I'm now a major consumer of Medical MJ. lol

Anyway my accomplishments now are few. In fact I can honestly say that my only goal for the last year has been all ukulele. It's just been this last month that I feel like a uke player. It was when I could start to play without a focus on where my fingers are going. When I finally found myself playing chords, strumming and singing songs up to speed and having lkit actually sound like the song I felt like I had become a musician of sorts. The realization of a lifelong goal and one I had little hope of ever realizing. WOOT!

Thank you my dear friends for being here to celebrate this day with me. ( I actually didn't remember until Google told me "Happy Birthday"):cool: I'm celebrating with you all today and my dog NINA. I wonder if she got me anything?

Happy birthday and may you have many more so you can continue to have fun with your uke playing.

Happy Birthday buddy. Hopefully the "present" that Nina leaves for you does not require stoop and scoop.

I relate to how you feel about all uke for the last year and finally feeling like a musican. Our uke paths have been some what similar so congratulations on all your acomplishments and I hope there are many more to come. Stay Well and Play Well

Happy Birthday Icelander 53! We started on the forum about a month apart, and a lot of your progress is like mine. So glad that the ukulele has been such an important part of your life.

Happy Birthday, Icelander! Here's to more ukulele years of playing!:cheers:

Happy Birthday young man.

Happy 4/20 B'day, Icelander!!! :shaka:

Icelander ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY ... Great to hear you have Ukulele success of playing songs and not looking down to see if you are hitting the right frets and chords ... I am almost there ... for a few of them.

Happy Birthday pal,.......................oh, and if you can hold off, wait until you're 66 for those SS benefits. Much better payout!

You don't know me, but I still want to say, Happy Birthday!!:)

I'm just a little ahead of you (my matching birthday was a couple of weeks ago), but I know what you mean. I had a similar moment about a year back. I was laying down one of multiple tracks on a song, playing a lead style riff. I finished the part which was required, and I just kept playing, going where my heart and fingers led. And it came out coherent!

If you listened to the song, you would not notice anything there, but it was a similar magical moment for me! (Oh, and it was after almost 3 years of playing uke and 40 of guitar, so a long time coming).

Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday pal,.......................oh, and if you can hold off, wait until you're 66 for those SS benefits. Much better payout!

It's unlikely I'll be here for that. A bird in the hand... Plus it's just mad money, I'm covered.

Happy Birthday! Enjoy the day.

I hope you had a great day, and that someone gave you a new uke!:rock:

I'll have to get the uke myself but I did get Eddie Vedder's Ukulele songs CD and an amazing Albacore tuna sandwich and a ton of really good chocolate and a book about crows and ravens. I spent the day on reading at the creek by my house with a good friend. It was a lovely day. Sunny and 82.

I'll have to get the uke myself but I did get Eddie Vedder's Ukulele songs CD and an amazing Albacore tuna sandwich and a ton of really good chocolate and a book about crows and ravens. I spent the day on reading at the creek by my house with a good friend. It was a lovely day. Sunny and 82.

Good stuff. Happy birthday, Ice King! :music::music:

Top Bottom