waterman ukes are now on amazon prime.

spookelele

Reaction score
Not saying don't support local or the forum favorites.

But if your local doesn't have it, like mine doesn't, it's an option.
Being plastic with a 0 fret, and a non-adjustable bridge/saddle, setup shouldn't be a real problem.

Shipping appears to be free even on the non-prime ones, and if you don't have an amazon distro center in your state, you dodge tax too.

One of the non-Prime but free-shipping retailers on Amazon is Austin Bazaar. I don't know if they inspect as closely as the Known Dealers here at UU, and their website says nothing about setups, but I've dealt with them a couple of times and found them to be on the level. They have free shipping on orders made directly through their website, as well, which might save you money on sales tax and put a few extra bucks in their till relative to sales through Amazon.

I'd rather buy from Mim, Uke Republic or HMS, but it's always nice to have alternatives. (I have nothing to do with any instrument retailers; I'm just passing along some information.)

if you don't have an amazon distro center in your state, you dodge tax too.

Unless of course they decide to put their damn offices in your state. Amazon is dead to me now. :cool:

Yeah... We got a DC and office in Wisconsin. It was a sad day.

I just bought some Watermans (as gifts and donations) from Mike at Uke Republic. I always like buying from the great vendor folks at UU.

Dang! I thought my Tom Pocket Uke was going to be my last, but at fifty bucks, I've GOTTA have a water-resistant uke!

it sure would be nice to see a one-on-one comparison between the Waterman and the Keahola plastic uke. That one is a concert scale and has a great selection of designs, super considering that you will probably only use it in public when you wanted a response. A bit cheaper too.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NKBDBF2?psc=1

One of the non-Prime but free-shipping retailers on Amazon is Austin Bazaar. I don't know if they inspect as closely as the Known Dealers here at UU, and their website says nothing about setups, but I've dealt with them a couple of times and found them to be on the level. They have free shipping on orders made directly through their website, as well, which might save you money on sales tax and put a few extra bucks in their till relative to sales through Amazon.

I'd rather buy from Mim, Uke Republic or HMS, but it's always nice to have alternatives. (I have nothing to do with any instrument retailers; I'm just passing along some information.)
I bought my ukulele from Austin Bazaar. They do not do setups. They did fine though, and I really like my ukulele. No complaints, but I will be buying my next one from a person, not an internet site for a big distributor, and definitely not from Amazon.

Like I said in the OP, support your local stores, and the uu favorites.

My local store doesn't have it. I tried to get one from HMS. They've decided not to carry it because the cost is so low that it's not feasible to ship it there, check the setup and ship it to me at a reasonable cost. I totally respect the policy to not sell something they haven't checked out.

When I looked on ukerepublic, there's an additional $12something shipping.
I'd guess Mim is in a similar position since she said she got them at her store and then shipped them out after checking them. That's great and I respect them both for checking their products before shipping.

But on a $40 uke.. that really can't be setup, an extra 30% cost might not be reasonable to someone that doesn't have the money. If you're starting new.. and your $52 could be a uke, or a uke + a snark, I can't blame someone for going to the faceless conglomerate big box.com

Personally, I'm still holding out hoping it shows up locally, so I can give it a noodle before buying it

Does anyone have one? Do they sound like crap like all the other plastic ones I've played or are they a little better? I wouldn't mind a halfa$$$ed sounding one for the beach if they were passable.

Yes, I along with a couple of other folks have them now. My Waterman plays and sounds great. The only quibbles I have with it are the meh tuners and as of yesterday the paint on the frets and fret markers are starting to rub off. Not an issue for me to be honest. I started a thread about mine over the weekend.

Does anyone have one? Do they sound like crap like all the other plastic ones I've played or are they a little better? I wouldn't mind a halfa$$$ed sounding one for the beach if they were passable.
I have 2 maccaferri islanders, they sound pretty good. want one?

I would love to read a review comparing this to the Outdoor Ukulele.

Top Bottom