Drum?!

smgold101

Reaction score
So idk if this belongs here probably doesnt. But anyways..Why is there no Drums thread under the other instruments?????? I see guitar and bass wheres drums? I understand every instrument cant be there but i feel like drums should =) although i'm content with just ukulele lol

Yea, Bongos and Ukes kinda go hand in hand...

Just watch Elvis in Blue Hawaii to see what I mean!!!!!

dont quote me, but my guess would be because of how closely related the instruments are.

take a guitar. normally tuned EADGBE. now take a bass. normally tuned EADG... the last four courses of a guitar. now take a baritone ukulele. DGBE. basically the first four courses of a guitar. now take a tenor through soprano ukule tuned GCEA. basically the first four courses of a guitar, capo'd on the 5th fret. and then we can go into all the "alternate" tunings.

im not saying that having a place to talk about drums wouldnt be nice. but in keeping with the theme of this forum, i cant see how it would fit in, other than the drum's obvious importance in any musical setting. having a percussion section would diversify this forum, but not benefit it like an actual forum dedicated to percussions.

dont quote me, but my guess would be because of how closely related the instruments are.

take a guitar. normally tuned EADGBE. now take a bass. normally tuned EADG... the last four courses of a guitar. now take a baritone ukulele. DGBE. basically the first four courses of a guitar. now take a tenor through soprano ukule tuned GCEA. basically the first four courses of a guitar, capo'd on the 5th fret. and then we can go into all the "alternate" tunings.

im not saying that having a place to talk about drums wouldnt be nice. but in keeping with the theme of this forum, i cant see how it would fit in, other than the drum's obvious importance in any musical setting. having a percussion section would diversify this forum, but not benefit it like an actual forum dedicated to percussions.

hmmm this makes sense, but I feel like if this is the reasoning then the title should be labeled "Other string oriented musical instruments". Also Having any instrument on here other then ukulele sort of deviates from the main point of the forum which of course is uke. and i believe the uke and drums do connect, the two instruments both are not as well appreciated. Idk im just kinda causing a stir for nothing i guess cuase i play drums haha and as i said never appreciated over the guitar.

Top Bottom