Living Waters strings on all-laminate tenor uke

Reaction score
I've just strung my all-laminate Aiersi tenor uke with re-entrant g fluorocarbon strings from Living Water Strings.

I agree with all of the posts that say that the biggest single thing that affects uke tone is the skills of the player. In my case I am a bit of a struggler. I'm just not a natural. I do, however, enjoy my own work when it comes to the uke and to me that's what matters most of all. My skills seem to have reached a plateau at a level where I can happily play inside to amuse myself and our cat.

Having said all that about the importance of skills, I have to say that the Living Water strings have made quite a noticeable difference to the tone of the uke, in a very positive way. They replace a set of Aquila New-Nylguts, which are fine strings with no vices. The Living Water fluorocarbons are a quite different sound and a sound that I find very pleasing indeed. Clear, quite loud, with a sweet tone.

Is livingwater made in the UK? It's not available in Canada
I remember seeing it on the Internet but quite expensive !
I am now using Oasis they are exactly what you describe too.
Good set of strings really make the uku sing!

Living Water Strings are sold by Ken Middleton. They are double-length sets so you get two stringing from them. They're very nice strings. I have the low G tenor set on my Pono. They are the only 4-nonwound set I've found that don't sound flubby-dubby.

Living Water Strings are sold by Ken Middleton. They are double-length sets so you get two stringing from them. They're very nice strings. I have the low G tenor set on my Pono. They are the only 4-nonwound set I've found that don't sound flubby-dubby.

Are you sure?, I love the strings and have them on several ukes but I don't believe they are double sets.

I live in Canada and had no problem ordering Living Water strings from England. They were received quickly. They were not double length. and yes They were more expensive than some.
but
Most of my Ukes like them. I will order again.

I live in Canada and had no problem ordering Living Water strings from England. They were received quickly. They were not double length. and yes They were more expensive than some.
but
Most of my Ukes like them. I will order again.

Hey Buddy. I have ordered LivingWater strings from Uke Republic, shipping was inexpensive and fast. Good to see you last night. Gotta do a kitchen jam soon, make Simon play some Country Music. :cool:

I recently purchased my first set from Ken, low g for tenor, love them and will be buying more!

I know several tenor players that love Living Waters, I tried them on my concert Ohana Port Orford Cedar and they were real, real bright, then put them on my Martin and quickly switched back to Martins. Must be something about the way they fit tenors!

Living Water strings are great. Ken is easy to deal with. He will make you custom sets if you email him on his website. Shipping to the US/Arizona was fairly quick (I think under 10 days) from the UK where he is. I have his re-entrant high-D dGBE baritone set which I really like.

I switched to Living Waters from the original stock Aquila Nylgut strings on my gf's Kala Acacia Concert uke and I really like the sound and feel. I also use them on my Pono MTD. I am definately gonna order pack of these for my soprano.
Great strings!

I'm in Australia. I ordered my set from Uke Republic in GA, USA. So my set has picked up juju in a world-circling route from Ken to Sailor Jim to me. That's my theory, anyway, and I'm sticking to it. They weren't that expensive really, and no they weren't double length. I'm sticking with Aquilas on my Concert Solid Body and my Makala Soprana. Open to suggestions about a Makala Baritone, with pref all unwound strings.

Living Waters are slowly making their way onto all of my ukes - I've yet to try them on a uke that doesn't like them. In particular, I've got a cedar topped concert uke that holds a surprising amount of sustain with the Living Waters. Great strings, and I'm in the UK so no more expensive than others!

Top Bottom