WTB: Moore Bettah Concert or Soprano

coolcow

Reaction score
I know it's a long shot to find a Moore Bettah Ukuleles, not to say a Concert or Soprano. Please PM me if you have one for sale.

Aloha, Jen

I hope u get one or moore soon, Jen ;)

MB soprano, probably not many of that size made right? And that'd be my dream uke for sure...I'll say it out loud here...if you got one and Jen doesn't take it...please PM me!

thanks,
Erin

Believe there might be a few sopranos around but not too many concerts. Many years ago I asked Chuck to build me a concert. He told me that he concentrated mostly on tenors and sopranos and if I really wanted a concert to maybe check with other builders. If I knew then that the body size of a Moore Bettah was much smaller than the Kamaka tenor ukuleles I had tried, I would've asked for a tenor build.

Believe there might be a few sopranos around but not too many concerts. Many years ago I asked Chuck to build me a concert. He told me that he concentrated mostly on tenors and sopranos and if I really wanted a concert to maybe check with other builders. If I knew then that the body size of a Moore Bettah was much smaller than the Kamaka tenor ukuleles I had tried, I would've asked for a tenor build.
So it means a MB tenor uke is a little smaller than KK or other K brand ukes? I haven't received my MB yet, but if it is a little smaller, then I think I will enjoy playing it! I am not very tall and my hands are small ;). Thanks Guitharsis.

yah...not many concerts and sopranos out there. I love how the tenor sounds....it's just i'm going to ukulele lessons now, for some songs, I think it's better for me to have a smaller size uke coz my hands are small. Hoping someone hear my prayer :)

My concert MB is awesome. Not letting it go though!

Jen, since you're probably looking for "now" without a wait, maybe consider a concert by somebody else? HMS just got some lovely Maui Music ukes in and there is one concert. They seem amazing for the price point but the fretboard may be wide for you. Another couple they have that sound great for their price points are the Takumi's and the Tashiro spruce/koa.

Good luck!

Great to see you taking lessons Jen! I could see you ripping on a longneck soprano;) I feel that this size is the "secret weapon".

My MB concert is slightly larger than my Kanile'a concert. And no, it is not available

Jen, since you're probably looking for "now" without a wait, maybe consider a concert by somebody else? HMS just got some lovely Maui Music ukes in and there is one concert. They seem amazing for the price point but the fretboard may be wide for you. Another couple they have that sound great for their price points are the Takumi's and the Tashiro spruce/koa.

Good luck!

Thanks Eddie...I will Chuck the Maui Music out.....Peter does build some amazing ukes.
I have a Kiwaya Concert right now...it sounds great...very loud and precise...but a Moore Bettah Concert would be everyone's dream to have :)

Great to see you taking lessons Jen! I could see you ripping on a longneck soprano;) I feel that this size is the "secret weapon".

Hey Keli'i...haven't heard from you for a long time....where have you been :)

Thanks Eddie...I will Chuck the Maui Music out.....Peter does build some amazing ukes.
I have a Kiwaya Concert right now...it sounds great...very loud and precise...but a Moore Bettah Concert would be everyone's dream to have :)

Yes a Moore Bettah would be everyone's dream to have but it seems like one collector was able to convince several owners to part with theirs. I love all of the ukuleles I have now, especially the Ohta-san, but wouldn't mind adding a Moore Bettah concert or tenor.

Top Bottom