Bob's Burgers, anyone?

cpmusic

Reaction score
If you know about Bob's Burgers, you know that its theme is played on the ukulele. It's not exactly traditional (okay, it's not traditional at all) but it's a ukulele, and how can that be wrong?

Thus was the Cuke-ulele Lady Burger born, or grilled, or...something'ed from my hand. It's a Makala pineapple under the paint, and it still sounds pretty good, all things considered. The artwork is rough, but what the heck.

Cuke-ulele_Lady_cpeterson_1a.jpg Cuke-ulele_Lady_cpeterson_2a.jpg

Last edited:
The world needs more of this! A+

Oh yes! Fantastic. I love that show

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words, folks.

I brought my Kala soprano with me to Comic-Con last year specifically for the Bob's Burgers panel, and had it in hand for the Q&A to ask Loren Bouchard how he came up with the theme and why he used a ukulele. Kristen Schaal (the voice of Louise on the show) suggested I play the theme, I obliged, managing, somehow, not to blow it. And 2,000 fans went nuts, giving me 15 seconds of fame.

BTW, not that it should surprise anyone here, but a soprano uke is great thing to have on hand when facing mind-numbingly long lines, as one does at the Con. It's also a fun conversation starter. (I specify soprano because it tucks away easily.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom