Which are your most favorite songs to play and warm up with?......

Summer Camp written by UU's DeG is my favourite song to play. And On Fire. And right now I'm learning Olinda Road. Dang, MM, I love to play all the songs I know. I just don't know that many.

I seem always to slide into 12th St. Rag, You Belong to Me, and E Ku'u Morning Dew.

I kinda like playing Hey Jude

After all this time I still can't play a song off book!

"No Pressure" is my go to, but I learned it with the Westside Ukulele Ensemble which does it in three parts, I just do the rhythm part.

I seem always to slide into 12th St. Rag, You Belong to Me, and E Ku'u Morning Dew.

I'll second 12th St. Rag, Ukejenny. When my fingers aren't feeling supple, it's always a go-to piece.

However, it seems that the song I immediately start playing the moment I pick up my instrument is always Whispering. It's one of the few songs I play more than just the chords to, and hearing that easy melody picked out on the banjolele always seems to get me in the mood to play more!

Summer Camp written by UU's DeG is my favourite song to play. And On Fire. And right now I'm learning Olinda Road. Dang, MM, I love to play all the songs I know. I just don't know that many.

Aloha Susan, okay which is your all time honest best, never heard summer camp.. you got a uwc video any chance

Hey Stan. Cool thread Bruddah. hard to say cause it depends what i'm learning etc. Today it's definitely "A Fella With An Umbrella" (Berlin) and tomorrow I'm aching to learn an old folk arrangement of "Down By The Sally Gardens". Aaaaah, so many songs, so little time.... :)

At the moment Build me up buttercup ,,,,or Farewell ,,,

I'll second 12th St. Rag, Ukejenny. When my fingers aren't feeling supple, it's always a go-to piece.

However, it seems that the song I immediately start playing the moment I pick up my instrument is always Whispering. It's one of the few songs I play more than just the chords to, and hearing that easy melody picked out on the banjolele always seems to get me in the mood to play more!

Aloha Ragtime, do you have a riff for whispering. ..come on an share...

Top Bottom