New Uke Coming My Way

xbeezer

Reaction score
Morning Everyone!
I just purchased a new Ohana CK-23 and could not be more excited. I purchased this from Mim and as everyone has mentioned on here, she is just great to work with. She is even making a string change for me to Worth Clear strings. Cant wait for it to arrive.

Last edited:
Great and good for you. Ohana is one of the mid range ukes I haven't had the pleasure of playing. Back in the day when I considered between the ohana and moku I went with moku. A decision I regret.

Gotta love a new uke.

Hi Ice,
I'm curious, why do you regret picking the Moku over the Ohana?
I got an Ohana and a Moku the same week, hit the birthday jackpot.
After a little while, a string change and much playing, I sent the Moku back.
The Ohana developed neck shape issues and now has permanent buzzes. This is after a setup and two string changes. The dealer denies this, and Ohana won't take it back without his say so. (He's a damn near deaf rocker). He says they're "harmonics", I call bull--it.
I loved the Moku, but the nut was just a little too wide. Now I wish I'd kept it.
You're the second person who says he regrets buying a Moku, I wonder why.
They just built Uncle Elvis an 8 string, which he says he's nuts about.
Anyway, beezer, I hope you love your Ohana....wish I'd bought mine from Mim.

Last edited:
Hello and congratulations!!! I love Ohanas and I have a soprano that I ordered from Mim. I love that thing dearly! It is a great brand!!!!

Congrats. My Ohana had a wonderful tone. Alas, my stubby fingers and a soprano fought all the time. Another member is now happily playing it. Your concert though, yes the right size!
Enjoy

Congratulations and enjoy! Hope you have many good years together.

Top Bottom