PDA

View Full Version : New Uke Coming My Way

xbeezer
04-24-2015, 04:35 AM
Morning Everyone!
I just purchased a new Ohana CK-23 and could not be more excited. I purchased this from Mim and as everyone has mentioned on here, she is just great to work with. She is even making a string change for me to Worth Clear strings. Cant wait for it to arrive.

Icelander53
04-24-2015, 04:41 AM
Great and good for you. Ohana is one of the mid range ukes I haven't had the pleasure of playing. Back in the day when I considered between the ohana and moku I went with moku. A decision I regret.

Rllink
04-24-2015, 05:46 AM
Gotta love a new uke.

Nickie
04-24-2015, 01:24 PM
Hi Ice,
I'm curious, why do you regret picking the Moku over the Ohana?
I got an Ohana and a Moku the same week, hit the birthday jackpot.
After a little while, a string change and much playing, I sent the Moku back.
The Ohana developed neck shape issues and now has permanent buzzes. This is after a setup and two string changes. The dealer denies this, and Ohana won't take it back without his say so. (He's a damn near deaf rocker). He says they're "harmonics", I call bull--it.
I loved the Moku, but the nut was just a little too wide. Now I wish I'd kept it.
You're the second person who says he regrets buying a Moku, I wonder why.
They just built Uncle Elvis an 8 string, which he says he's nuts about.
Anyway, beezer, I hope you love your Ohana....wish I'd bought mine from Mim.

Ukejenny
04-24-2015, 02:17 PM
Hello and congratulations!!! I love Ohanas and I have a soprano that I ordered from Mim. I love that thing dearly! It is a great brand!!!!

stevejfc
04-24-2015, 03:37 PM
Congrats. My Ohana had a wonderful tone. Alas, my stubby fingers and a soprano fought all the time. Another member is now happily playing it. Your concert though, yes the right size!
Enjoy

uke552
04-24-2015, 04:28 PM
Congratulations and enjoy! Hope you have many good years together.

turtledrum
04-25-2015, 03:29 AM
Yay! Play an old song! Let it give it back to you new! Congratulations!