D'addario NS micro clip-on tuner

igorthebarbarian

Reaction score
Ha! I feel like an idiot. I got a new D'addario NS micro-clip on tuner and could not, for the life of me, get a good reading on it. I tried my Snark to make sure I was in tune, then tried the D'addario. But I could never read it clearly. I could see it try to light up... so I thought maybe the batteries were bad (but it's brand new).... well lo and behold, there was a dark sticker on the face of the read-out which was obscuring the letters! It had a little hanger-on tag that extended off the side but I didn't notice it. Derp.
Showing with the black sticker "on" - that little tag is not very visible even from this poor shaky pictureIMG_4315.jpg
Sticker removed! Stuck on the latch-post for reference:
IMG_4316.jpg
Works good!IMG_4317.jpg
On my new Bruko no. 6 from ukegirlIMG_4324.jpg
Bruko no. 6 IMG_4326.jpg
That said, with the little ratchet thing, it's obviously not as easy to take on/off as a Snark is. So this will probably be dedicated to the new Bruko no. 6. (which sounds much better with Worth Clear CM's vs. the crappy Pyramids it came with).

Last edited:
Guess what? You aren't the first to do this. :rofl:

Don't be too hard on yourself. First time with one of those it took me forever to figure out how to flip the display 180 degrees before I saw the button on top dedicated for that function that is labeled with the two arrows chasing each other in a circle.

Once in a while Amazon has the 2-pack of these on sale for $20, and when I see it, I grab it since I have quite a few ukes now. Much easier to just leave the tuner on. I also have a SuperFly clip-on tuner (Strings and Beyond - $7.99) and a Kala clip-on tuner (HMS - $9.99) for the instruments that do not yet have one of these NS Micro tuners.

I find the NS-Micro to be pretty accurate when compared to other tuners, and compared to the iOS app instuner.

The only trouble is with tuning a bass or a U-bass as it seems to be slow and have trouble with recognizing lower frequencies, but with the uke it's great!

Top Bottom