Bummer!

39ford

Reaction score
Received a new Islander Spalted Tenor today and it came with the bridge lifting and appears to have been re-glued before based on excess glue at the bridge base or just poor quality control.:(

Phil

Attachments

• DSCN2113.jpg
    DSCN2113.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 249
  • DSCN2114.jpg
    DSCN2114.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 227
That IS a bummer. Hopefully, wherever you bought it will right the situation.

That is really obvious... It is a wonder the seller let that one out the door.

The grain looks beautiful, though, love those beauty marks.

That's bad. Back it goes

You might want to let the people at Kanile'a (which makes Islanders) know. There's no way they would want one of their Islander instruments to leave either the factory or a retailer's shop looking like that.

I agree with mds725. Let Joe Souza know about this ASAP.

Thank you for your sympathetic comments and advice. The seller is paying for return shipping and offered to send the same like item in exchange but my impression is not very favorable about another Islander.

Thank you for your sympathetic comments and advice. The seller is paying for return shipping and offered to send the same like item in exchange but my impression is not very favorable about another Islander.

Will the seller refund your money? I do not blame you for being hesitant to buy another Islander ukulele. I would be myself.

Personally, I would buy a Pono. They have great builds and there are some seconds and discounted Pono available right now on Ebay from a very good seller.

Last edited:
The seller is paying for return shipping and offered to send the same like item in exchange but my impression is not very favorable about another Islander.

Regarding Islander/Kanileas, I agree with you. Completely. Even if the first one wasn't screwed up.

Sorry about your experience and can't blame you, but I have or had 2 Islanders and they have been awesome ukes!

I would not trust whoever sold it like that... probably just drop shipped it without any setup, heck without even looking at it. Not good.

I would not trust whoever sold it like that... probably just drop shipped it without any setup, heck without even looking at it. Not good.

yeah, a lot of those places selling "new in box" probably don't even open the box. It's sad that Islander let that out of the factory. Maybe it was subjected to heat during shipping?

If it sounds like I'm sticking up for Islander, I am. Get a refund and order from a reputed dealer...I think you'll be happy.
http://cargo.ukerepublic.com/product/kanile-a-islander-spalted-maple-tenor

Last edited:
Well, that sucks. who did you order from? did you end up with another islander and can comment, or did you go with another Uke?

Or it could have been a previous return and the seller just put it back in stock without caring if it was damaged. I've certainly seen that before, even in brick and mortar shops.

Top Bottom