Orira'a I Tahiti - Moore Bettah Ukulele One Year Birthday!!

Dan Uke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
My Plumeria Tapa Moore Bettah Ukulele is One Year Old!

Chuck was kind enough to built this uke for my 10 year wedding anniversary which was April 25, 2014. We celebrated our anniversary by going to Tahiti and this is Chuck's favorite Tahitian song so I learned it awhile ago to thank him! I wanted to play it again as the uke continues to sound better every time I play it!

Thanks Chuck for a wonderful uke!!

Last edited:
Gorgeous uke!

Such smooth and lovely playing!

Loved it! Great playing and an incredible ukulele. Where did you learn the song from? Are there tabs for it?

Happy anniversary Daniel! Great song!

My wife and I spent our honeymoon in Tahiti (27 years ago) and named our first daughter after the island of Moorea.

You look very comfortable with that beautiful ukulele.

Don

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for watching!

Don, I stayed at Moorea and it's a lovely island. Thanks for sharing your story and beautiful name.

I would like to find a book that had songs in this style. . The songs are infectious and a joy to play. I've been playing mostly jazz on the uke. I've just recently started exploring this music. I enjoy finger picking and the rhythms. Can you suggest a book that has these type of songs? I would like a book with more than chords.

Thanks for watching. I don't know of any books that teach you how to play this kind of music. I just look at someone else and copy it. If you find a book, let me know as I would love to buy it too.

Thanks for watching. I don't know of any books that teach you how to play this kind of music. I just look at someone else and copy it. If you find a book, let me know as I would love to buy it too.

Thanks for getting back to me. I've been using Pekelo's Intermediate book to get a feel for the songs. http://www.pekelosbooks.com One of the most valuable things about this book is the Cd. As you play along with him, you start getting the timing of this music. I just put the songs on my ipad and play along with him. Often times if I just read the music, I can miss the dynamics of what notes are emphasized. Especially since I'm not familiar with this genre of music.

This type of music is a lot of fun to play. I had my uke strung with low G playing jazz tunes and happened upon this style of music. I printed up your version of the song in this video. Thanks for making it available.

If I find something I'll let you know.

Wow, wonderful tune and you played it so well :) Happy birthday to your lovely uke and happy anniversary to your wife and you!

Top Bottom