Clara owners, examine your headstock

deschutestrout

Reaction score
Yesterday I noticed that the finish is beginning to lighten in color around where the tuners come out of the top side of the headstock. It's like the finish is beginning to separate from the headstock. Anyone else see this starting to happen?

I'll give Joe a call too and see if he's heard similar reports. Not a huge issue, but shouldn't be happening. Thanks!

The finish on the headstock of my Clara looks fine. My Clara is less than 2 months old however.
Can you post a picture of the lighter finish?

The finish on the headstock of my Clara looks fine. My Clara is less than 2 months old however.
Can you post a picture of the lighter finish?

It may not even show in a photo. Just a non-perfect circle of finish loosening around each tuner as it comes through the top, like the tension of the strings weakened the finish. Picture it in your mind's eye :p

A photo would really help. Alas, I am still waiting on my Clara. I have not received word of a shipping date. I ordered on March 7th.

Here's a pic - ignore the light spot in the middle, the camera did that. It's the light circle around the tuner.

Not a huge deal, just seems to me that it shouldn't happen. This is around each of the tuners.
Clara.jpg

How odd - I've never seen anything like that. Is your Clara the new "finish" or the other kind? What year is it? I know they changed the finish somehow in 2015, didn't they? And it looks almost oval in shape. Hope you get some answers about it, as I'm sure many of us are curious to know.

You can tell by the tuners it's the first gen. Definitely contact Joe/Blackbird.

E

I'll check mine in the morning. Nothing has caught my eye. Mine is from April of 2014.

Top Bottom