Kanile'a Custom Chocolate Heart Mango Tenor.

rappsy

Reaction score
<< See POST 7 after reading this info.>>

More pictures are available here:

https://plus.google.com/photos/117301768638000511839/albums/6142852635364959041

In a previous trade, I received this stunning Kanile’a Custom Premium Tenor, made with gorgeous, all solid Master Grade Chocolate Heart Mango. Mahogany neck, 19 fret rosewood fingerboard & rosewood bridge, Graph Tech "NUBONE" nut & saddle, Paua Abalone dot inlay (top and side) with open gear chrome tuners.

I had high hopes for it, but it is very different from my KoAloha Ukes and I prefer their sound. I cannot consciously hold onto this. It must be played.

The condition is pristine. The pictures show different strings that are on it now. I will put the Low G back on it unless the buyer prefers I leave a High G on it.

Sound Sample: https://app.box.com/s/o2bxlbko9awpv12scefeh9ym0z4pvqvj (Thanks Hodge.)

This is a custom tenor. It is the prettiest Uke I have ever owned and purely from an aesthetics point of view, it is a stunner. Get it and you can play a beautiful sounding instrument and look great doing it.

Now $925 CONUS shipped with hardshell case, instead of the $995 + shipping.

Thanks for Reading.

Attachments

• Kanilea Tenor.jpg
    Kanilea Tenor.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 303
  • Kanilea Tenor2.jpg
    Kanilea Tenor2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 197
  • Kanilea Tenor3.jpg
    Kanilea Tenor3.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 194
  • Kanilea Tenor4.jpg
    Kanilea Tenor4.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
mango is a great tonewood. this one has such beautiful curl. never seen any other mango kanileas around much.

Another sweet looking uke Lenny! Good luck with the sale!

If I didn't just get the Pono Cedar top from Lenny, I'd be very tempted by this uke, it is beautiful.
I can highly recommend dealing with Lenny. As many others have also commented he is great to deal with and rest assured he'll ship your uke quickly very securely.

Last edited:
When I first put this up, I was basing my information on items I found on the website and in previous posts.

I then went to Kanile'a and talked with them. After a lengthy discussion, I realized that I had a premium custom Master Grade, which if ordered today from Kanile's would be $1290. On eBay, one amazingly similar to it is up for $1300.

Kanile'a told me that there only 3 or 4 of these made.

PM me with any questions.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Man, if I only played tenor, I'd be all over this Lenny. Beautiful uke at a great price. And it's a Kanile'a!

Man, if I only played tenor, I'd be all over this Lenny. Beautiful uke at a great price. And it's a Kanile'a!

It's appreciated, and I am giving it price reduction. Let's find a new home for this.

Now $925 shipped CONUS.

I am kind of heavy on Tenors ... too bad, this would have been a nice addition. Good luck with it Lenny!

Top Bottom