NUD: This totally cracks me up

pinkuke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Kala Waterman filled with fairy lights. $50 of total fun in the dark! The possibilities are enormous and it plays pretty well too... :) IMG_0815.jpgIMG_0822.jpg

That is so........so. ........so Star Trek. Way cool :shaka:

I wonder if I could put some strobe type lights in my outdoor ukulele...

Kala Waterman filled with fairy lights. $50 of total fun in the dark! The possibilities are enormous and it plays pretty well too... :)

That's just too cool. Looks also kinda like fireflies too.

pinkuke, that is seriously cool. I'm actually considering getting one myself now...ukejennys idea of strobe lights is just far too tempting.

Do the lights buzz when you play? On the kala I had with the built in amp.. the wire would sometimes touch the side and I'd get a buzz. Filling it with wires seems like it would buzz to me but maybe not?

I'm thinking of turning my outdoor Uke into a lamp of sorts. Maybe these kind of lights...

Having a clear waterman makes the outdoor Uke expendable and worth reusing.

Uhm a plasma tube light would be awesome, If were available to fit in through the bottom of the Outdoor uke along with a base...

but the simplest without altering the uke would be the christmast type lights....

Last edited:
The lights do not buzz when played. The battery pack dampens the volume a little because it is attached to the back with double sided tape. Moving it to the bottom of the uke may help. I unwound the spool of lights into the uke. Very easy, very cool!

Love this! The multi coloured lights are fantastic; perfect for night time strumming and during any holiday celebration:)

Ok. We're heading into dangerous Raver Uke territory here. But, can't resist this. The wine bottle version of my uke with lights. :) We're not the first one to think about this concept. Available on Etsy Wine Bottle Nite Lite.jpg

You are right. Stuffing string lights into containers isn't new, but I don't know that I would have thought to light up a uke. The color organ idea Booli has is a good one too.

Wow, it's so pretty. We saw a lot of bottles with lights in them on our short vacate, but no ukes!

Top Bottom