Weird Vintage Banjo Ukes

ukeeku

Reaction score
Need Help identifying these banjo ukes. They look old, but not sure who made them.
img_0340.jpg
img_0341.jpg
img_0342.jpg
img_0343.jpg

WowTim, they are incredibly beautiful.

I can't help I'm sorry mate but do you know John Bianchi? (UU member tag: Jnobianchi). FB him. Guy's an encyclopaedia of this stuff.

I can't help I'm sorry mate but do you know John Bianchi? (UU member tag: Jnobianchi). FB him. Guy's an encyclopaedia of this stuff.

thanks. I tried to PM him, but his inbox is full, messaged him on facebook

Very fancy......some would say glitzy! I think you should send it to me and I will keep it away from unappreciative eyes.

They remind of my Stromberg (which, coincidentally, I bought from John Bianchi), although way way WAY more blinged out.

the close ups are nice, but a full body shot would be great for perspective...

Jon says Liberty. Looking at some pics, it seems to fit. Any info or guesses are still welcome.
$1500 each retail?

Speaking of weird old banjo-ukes I just bought most of an old Richter banjo-uke that has a metal body.

I was told that Richter (From Chicago, BTW) are unbranded Harmony's.
Very cool. crazy sound depending on the metal.

Tim -

As discussed over on FB, this is a Liberty. See these for comparison. They build for Slingerland and Bacon and Gretsch before going out of business. Small company, and there are so few of these floating around that there is now real way to determine value - they range from a couple of hundred to around a thousand, but their worth is largely subjective. How's that for helpful? :D

http://www.banjoukes.com/Manufacturers/Liberty/Premier-MayBell.html

They are almost all one-of-a-kind models. Similarities include the shape of the headstock and the Grover presto is commonly used on all models with an engraving, usually a star.

http://www.banjoukes.com/Manufacturers/Liberty/FancyLiberty.html

The Richter ukuleles were unbranded Regals as far as I know.

I am about new and shiny. I depend on the kindness of others to tell me whats what. you are probably right. No matter. Sounds cool.
See ya soon!

They are certainly beautiful looking instruments. Are they for sale?

Regards,
Bill

They are certainly beautiful looking instruments. Are they for sale?

Regards,
Bill
I think they will be. trying to figure out a price. PM me about your interest and I will pass it a long

They are not within my budget. I was just curious as to what they may go for. My 1920 banjolin conversion to banjo uke will have to suffice for now.

Regards,
Bill

Top Bottom