My Baby's First Picture

SoloRule

Reaction score
My new baby just arrived today from Hawaii.
Just want to show him off to the world.
I name him JZ for Joel and Zach at HMS.
I have heard Pono neck is like a baseball bat . I find it comfortable . No complain at all but I only played it for half an hour as I am busy with work today . The radius fretboard is hardly noticeable. It sounds great and plays well. Thanks to Joel who did the perfect set-up as usual.
This is the AT-5 classic model. I must have bought the last one. It shown out of stock in HMS site.
It is a handsome instrument , the neck is nice and smooth, no sharp edges on the fret. The custom case is equally beautiful with space at the top to store the tuner. It even comes with KEYs so I can lock it up!!!

Thank you sam13 and downupDave for walking this journey with me all week (if not all month).
M M Stan you can finally rest now. I won't force you to listen to any more sound sample for a while!! :)

So much for now JZ is calling me ....... SoloRule is coming....

Attachments

• IMG_4200copy.jpg
    IMG_4200copy.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1093.jpg
    IMG_1093.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 105
Yes..........you are now part of the Pono possie as Simon calls it. That is one beautiful looking ukulele. Congratulations on a great choice of a wonderful instrument. I love your choice of strap, looks great with JZ. Make sure you come to the Scarborough Uke Jam next Monday with your new baby

That is a beautiful Pono. They are amazing instruments. I wish you many joyous hours of playing. I've found that I like the D'adderio J71 strings on my uke. You may want to try some different strings if the sound is not to your liking. My Pono is sensitive to different strings.

I brought my Pono MTD to a luthier and guitar builder to have it setup and a strap button installed. He was impressed with the build quality and sound of it. And this is someone who builds custom guitars and is certified luthier. I think it says a lot about Pono. John at Pono designed an excellent ukulele. You can tell that a lot of thought went into its design. When I first got it, I looked for imperfections, they're were none.

I hope you enjoy your instrument. I'm not sure why people think the Pono neck is big. I came from guitar. I would not call it a big neck. I find that I can play it for hours without fatigue.

That is a beautiful Pono. They are amazing instruments. I wish you many joyous hours of playing. I've found that I like the D'adderio J71 strings on my uke. You may want to try some different strings if the sound is not to your liking. My Pono is sensitive to different strings.

I brought my Pono MTD to a luthier and guitar builder to have it setup and a strap button installed. He was impressed with the build quality and sound of it. And this is someone who builds custom guitars and is certified luthier. I think it says a lot about Pono. John at Pono designed an excellent ukulele. You can tell that a lot of thought went into its design. When I first got it, I looked for imperfections, they're were none.

I hope you enjoy your instrument. I'm not sure why people think the Pono neck is big. I came from guitar. I would not call it a big neck. I find that I can play it for hours without fatigue.

My fingers hurt. I think it's the gold strings. I play Oasis on my other uke. I will give it a week, if it still hurt I will replace it with oasis ! I just hate to change it when Joel did such a great job replacing all the strings to Koolau gold
It does feel heavy though.

My fingers hurt. I think it's the gold strings. I play Oasis on my other uke. I will give it a week, if it still hurt I will replace it with oasis ! I just hate to change it when Joel did such a great job replacing all the strings to Koolau gold
It does feel heavy though.

Congrats on the new Pono. Personally, I had some finger hurt with the golds on my Pono MGT as well. I am trying out the Jim Dunlop tenor(green package) now. They are a comfortable medium tension string.
Enjoy that new beauty. =)

Congrats on the new Pono. Personally, I had some finger hurt with the golds on my Pono MGT as well. I am trying out the Jim Dunlop tenor(green package) now. They are a comfortable medium tension string.
Enjoy that new beauty. =)

Glad I am not the only one with fingers issue. When I switch back to my other uke that has oasis, it feels a lot easier on the fingers.

SoloRule,

DuD and I can now breath a collective sigh of relief ... it has arrived and JZ is quite the dapper looking Ukulele. Lovely looking.

Congratulations, I think the strap matches the purling very nicely.

You might find the Golds a little stiff ... I did so I switched them out to South Coast HML RW's ... Linear or Low G ... the radius neck is very subtle ... you will notice it when barring chords.

I look forward to seeing it soon.

Cheers.

Top Bottom