Banjo Uke Handmade "Headford Soprano" from Ebay seller Bob

Chummy

Reaction score
hey, I bought this model from ebay circa a year ago and it came with not so good strings so I switched to red aquila which are too wide to go through the nut (they do go through but don't quite sit there till the end). Wondering which should I buy for that soprano banj. I kinda like to slap when I finger pick which is impossible when they strings are not placed in a solid way.

MUCH MUCHLY appreciate any help

Chummy

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMDcx/$(KGrHqN,!pUFBQWUHwrEBQfu9V8Q!g~~60_35.JPG

This is a pic of sort of the ukulele. Each one is handmade so you know... but it looks like that.

Nice looking banjo ukulele.

Have you tried adjusting the nut? steel string ususally sound cool on banjo ukulele

If you like the strings the nut should be cut to accommodate them. My little sold as a 20's banjolele has white Aquilas on it which sound OK but I hate how they feel. I keep wanting to buy the 90u set of Reds but haven't yet pulled the trigger. I had thought they would be a bit thinner.

Funny wrote this hours ago thought I hit post. Saw it wasnt posted and HOORAH for autorestore on the forum! (this time!) Hell I had turned the computer off and been away for a little while. I'm impressed.

My ukulele looks like this. I would never put steel strings on an instrument designed for nylon.

banjo1.jpg

Headford

hey, I bought this model from ebay circa a year ago and it came with not so good strings so I switched to red aquila which are too wide to go through the nut (they do go through but don't quite sit there till the end). Wondering which should I buy for that soprano banj. I kinda like to slap when I finger pick which is impossible when they strings are not placed in a solid way.

MUCH MUCHLY appreciate any help

Chummy

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMDcx/$(KGrHqN,!pUFBQWUHwrEBQfu9V8Q!g~~60_35.JPG

This is a pic of sort of the ukulele. Each one is handmade so you know... but it looks like that.

purchased one of these recently, but the action is too low. Any ideas how the head is fitted, I need to get inside to reset the neck.
Jeff

When you say the action is to low, it may have nothing to do with the neck. It may be the skin is too loose. That would drop the bridge. If it is a remo head, the j hooks need tightened. If it is real skin, taking a wipe with a hot damp rag will tighten it.

When I say it is too low I mean with a 5/8 bridge the strings are touching the frets. The construction of this instrument has a single ring with screws around the skin (no hooks) these screws are tight. The back is fixed. I do not know what the skin is but it maybe synthetic. There are dimples when you remove the bridge.
I think the skin is too loose but the neck angle needs to change as well. The bridge I am using is so high it frequently falls.Headford one.jpgHeadford two.jpg

Top Bottom