Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Not so good...only remember the most important ones

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Terrible...whose poll is this again?

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters

cpatch

Reaction score
I can't remember people's names if you paid me, but it seems like most of my friends can remember the name of their kindergarten teacher, buddies from grade school, their first girlfriend (and every one after that), and so on. So I'm curious as to just how good others are with people's names.

I can't remember people's names if you paid me, but it seems like most of my friends can remember the name of their kindergarten teacher, buddies from grade school, their first girlfriend (and every one after that), and so on. So I'm curious as to just how good others are with people's names.

I'm great with names - but HORRIBLE with faces. Fortunately, my wife is great with faces but not so good with names. We communicate well, so between us we can usually figure out who's who...

names

hey?dont worry about it ive been married to my whose name escapes me for the moment for 23 years i think her names jackie,ermmm or is it jane or janet even,but i always remember my ukes name she is jessica after my granddaughter...lol
Chris
Keep on plinkin.:cheers::music:

BTW, if you're young just ignore the word "still" in the poll options!

I'm more likely to remember their dog's name....

I'm bad with both. I didn't even recognize my childhood sweetheart when I saw her a few months ago.

I forgot her name too XP

I'd consider myself to be terrible with names... not much left and I'll forget my own...

but there are at least a few I will never be able to forget, all of them are girls... well, not that I had a relationship with any of them, ok, that is the problem...

I'm much better with faces. Like if I can't remember someone's name, i describe them to whoever I'm mentioning the person too, instead of straining to remember the name

Faces are definitely my forte, especially if they are interesting looking people. I'll only remember a name if it's unique.

Who be boo?

I'm really good with names. When we go out, I greet people by name as a reminder for Rich. It's a great system that works well for us.

For some reason, almost everybody has trouble remembering my name. They remember me, my boat name, my husband's name, and occasionally even my cat's name, but can't remember my name. Apparently I don't look like a Kim.

I am cursed with being very good at names. I meet people in the supermarket or on the street and say " Hi, name how are you these days bla bla......" and they are looking at me thinking "who the hell are you?".

It really bugs me when you first meet someone and right off the cuff they say "I wont remember your name, Im terrible with names!." it makes me think that they are too lazy to try and remember my name.

I'm terrible at names. And I never want to ask people their names.
There's a girl I've known for 2 or 3 years and I heard someone say her name and like "Oh, that's her name!" when she was right beside me. Whoops.

I have gone so far as to WORK at remembering names. To no avail.

The skill I have is to remember what the person said, how he stood, his relative position in the room, how others reacted to him, how he reacted, etc. All the stories I get. Name? Nope. It'll get by me in 30 seconds.

Wondered about it enough and decided it's because I moved a lot as a Navy brat (went to 18 different schools through 10 years). I had to scope the school situations pretty quick in order to fit in. What a person was doing became more important than what his name was.

But recalling a person's name is a very desirable trait.

Top Bottom