Sticking my head in..

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Haven't posted much in the past 2-3 years. Thought I would stick my head in and say Hello to a few old friends on here. I do lurk a couple times a week. I have been doing good. For those that remember, I was battling some health issues for some time, including a weight battle. My health has improved so much over the past 3 years since my face with death, and to date have lost 300 lbs over the past 3 years. I still can't play music like I once had due to a stroke awhile back, but do still enjoy plucking at the uke several times a week. Its music for me, and I enjoy it. Those that also remember my young musician daughter, she has grown to quite the young lady, or I might say woman. She has turned into an awesome musician rocking out on her guitars, and also really does very well on her drum kit. She is one of those kids that can play damn near anything that makes music. She is preparing for graduation this year, and is to start summer sessions to get a head start on her college education. I am so proud of her for many reasons. She has inspired so many kids in our area on so many things. She has taken several troubled youth under her wing and changed their lives. Even at my age, she continues to inspire me as well. She has always said that her dad (yours truly) is her hero. But, that is so backwards. She is my hero really.

Just thought I would pop in, and let my friends here know I am still around, and well. God has always blessed me with an awesome family. Life is good. :cool:

Nice to see you!

Good to hear from you. And that you and your family are
Still doing such great work with others despite your health.

I remember your lasts posts about your family taking in a young woman in dire straits I hope that is going well

Wishing you and yours
Peace, Love & Ukulele

Hello! I'm glad you are feeling better and doing better. That is an amazing amount of weight to lose. I hope you keep feeling better and better.

So cool about your daughter!!! Hope she has a blast at college!

Thanks ya'll. Her latest conquest was just this past week. It was her senior prom week. There were several kids that had decided to not go to the post prom "lock in" event (basically locking the kids in for the night at a recreation center for a night of games, and fun). There were a handful of kids that were planning to skip out on the post prom thing, and go off on their own for a night of drinking and smoking. As we all know typically never ends well. My daughter got hold of those kids, and talked them out of that, and convinced them the best thing was to not participate in an evening of that sort of partying, and actually got them all to decide that was a bad idea and attend the official nights events. They all had a great, clean fun, and memorable senior night out. I was proud that she single handedly saved a bunch of kids, a bunch of potential grief and regrets.

Yes, that young girl I mentioned several months ago has moved on. She is well, and mentally doing very good. My daughter came into her life at the time she needed her, changed her path as well and she flew off on her own way a better person. She is well and happy.

Hey brother...so glad to see you are back!! Missed having your input!! God Bless!!

Oh why not share her latest prom night pictures.. The kids had a blast. These are her and her b/f (also a good, very nice kid).
prom2015c_zpsttqelmsh.jpg

11155046_644661432232764_5396597780586319708_o_zpshgn4e7hy.jpg

11047877_776182129147032_3705033092875213219_n%201_zpsx9qdbxvo.jpg

10535769_900071706723092_5547921185383146864_o_zps5pux2mgh.jpg

Last edited:
Casey and her BF goofiing in the photo booth at the prom lock in.
card2_zpsep59vqzm.jpg

10313412_900070023389927_5575988671527586154_n_zpsf02miszt.jpg

Casey making the rounds..
11124773_900032170060379_844932685086750183_n_zpsjjcctub7.jpg

What sweet posts! Good for you with your hard struggle to overcome the challenges of health issues. I can see why you are so proud of your daughter. Right now my youngest is serving in the peace corps and I am super proud of her too. Btw she brought her ukulele with her.

Thanks so much for sharing. The photos are awesome.

It sounds like your daughter has found her calling I social services she would great social worker or therapist. You have every right to be proud.

Aloha
Ivan

She has been told that, by us, and others a lot. She should go into social services. She has a golden heart, she really does. And she is tough as nails, and knows how to be gentle when she needs to, and serve up a dish of tough love when she needs to. I have seen her really laid it down to some of the kids when it was needed. She'll tear em down, then pick them up with love to bring them where they should be. She does it time and time again. All the kids, in all the grades love her to pieces. She's a little bitty thing (5'2" @ 110 Lbs), but all of it is heart.. She does make the world much better being in it. I am blessed to have her as a daughter. She makes me smile every day. Thanks again.. I'll try to pop my head in and say hey more often.

Damned glad you are feeling and doing better. Thanks for "sticking your head in." Good to hear from you once again.

Great to hear from you Tony. I often think of you and wonder how you are doing. Seems like good news on a number of levels brother, especially with your daughter and your improved health.

Hey mate, you're family here. Always know that.

Wow what a fabulous breath of fresh air your post is, especially compared to another recent one. Thank you very much for openly sharing that with us. You are truely blessed and you are a blessing yourself. Congratulations on the important accomplishments in your life.

Some of us have missed you. It's great to hear of all your triumphs.

including a weight battle. My health has improved so much over the past 3 years since my face with death, and to date have lost 300 lbs over the past 3 years.

Just thought I would pop in, and let my friends here know I am still around, and well. God has always blessed me with an awesome family. Life is good. :cool:

300 pounds, that is pretty amazing - congratulations.

Top Bottom