Tic toc, I am losing it

bdbrown

Reaction score
Been 6 days since I ordered 2 new ukes for me. I am new to them also.
The wait is killing me, I think I can hear time counting off

Let's see, I ordered mine on March 7th and after a few delays, it will ship at the beginning of next week.
I feel your pain.
Seriously. I feel it.

Let's see, I ordered mine on March 7th and after a few delays, it will ship at the beginning of next week.
I feel your pain.
Seriously. I feel it.

I would be on medication by then, lol

My new mando, 'uke, and melodica should all arrive by next Wednesday. If not, I'll likely go on a murderous rampage Thursday. Or a depressive fugue state.

My new mando, 'uke, and melodica should all arrive by next Wednesday. If not, I'll likely go on a murderous rampage Thursday. Or a depressive fugue state.

Gonna be like Christmas in May, if we make it

I have a u-bass listed to arrive on Monday, usually they're accurate, but I mean THE WHOLE WEEKEND, crap. I keep looking at the online picture of it and my mockup of the new body I'll have made, anxious... anxious... anxious. (I also have a new monitor coming from Office Depot, who knows when.)

Rondo Hadean burst.jpg

Violin bass solid red705.jpg

Three weeks ago I ordered a Kala Tenth Anniversary Edition. They only made 500. I keep seeing online dealers say they only have one. Or they had some and now they are gone. I know I paid for mine and it should get here any day now. But I sometimes fear that my order got lost or they sent my ukulele to the wrong place and they will all be gone before I get mine.i look at pictures of the Uke, I listen to sound samples, I pace the floor I fret. I won't feel good about it till I have it in my hands.

Been 6 days since I ordered 2 new ukes for me. I am new to them also.
The wait is killing me, I think I can hear time counting off

The waaaaaaaaiting is the harrrrrdest part... (Tom Petty...)

Too bad these can't be sent as eUkuleles via email. :)

I just found Mike Lynch's site http://allthingsukulele.com/ and purchased a series of chord melody ebooks. I did that last night and when I got up this morning, I already had the download link. If ukuleles could be reconstituted on the buyer's end via email, the wait would be almost non-existent. Oh well, you will really appreciate your new ukuleles when they finally do arrive.

Congrats...

Tony

If ukuleles could be reconstituted on the buyer's end via email, the wait would be almost non-existent. Oh well, you will really appreciate your new ukuleles when they finally do arrive.
I hereby predicts: Within ten years, everybody will have 3D printers. When we purchase 'ukes and many other items, we'll just download the GCodes and print them at home. But torrents of hacked GCodes will stream across the interwebs; yes, people will print stuff WITHOUT PAYING FOR IT! Vicious hackers will implant malware in some GCodes -- maybe our 'ukes will stealthily sample DNA from our fingertips, a very sophisticated form of identity theft. Yes, recipients of pirated warez and players of pirated 'ukes may find themselves cloned and printed. Oh, the humanity!

waiting is hell for sure...now, I can't wait for your NUD posts!!! :shaka:

I waited for my nano Uke since last year
I waited for my alien Uke for about 4 months
I'm now waiting for a blackbird Clara and BTU which is a week behind schedule and was ordered at the end of March. They are scheduled to ship next week.
Waited for a Risa LP for a few months. Tracking could not locate it but arrived day before Xmas.
Waited for beatbuddy drum pedal for a few months of delays.
Currently waiting for digitech trio which is now expected to ship in late May.
Currently waiting for some rosette Custom stickers from Japan for my pocket Ukes.

But I'm not waiting until I can no longer play to get the Ukes I want.
Like Jenny says it has become a form of Jedi mind or meditation training of sorts. :eek:ld:

By the way I waited and worked towards regaining full continence after cancer surgery for 9 months and one week but just achieved that life changing goal last week!!!

The boots arrived yesterday. (It's hard to find size 17 Wellingtons, I tell ya!) The Lee Oskar harmonic and natural minor reed plates should be here in a week. But the 'uke, mando, and melodica... There's no hope today. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe. Maybe. [/me obsesses on calendar]

I tell myself, I must have patience. I was reminded of that yesterday at the cowboy festival in Genoa, Nevada (formerly Mormon Station), the state's oldest Anglo settlement. I just missed Lacy J Dalton, who was Jill Croston when we hung at Club Zayante way Back In The Day. But I came across a young woman walking her housecat on a leash. I used to walk my supercat Petrushka on a leash. She didn't mind. And I learned patience.

The definition of patience? Walking a cat on a leash. The cat stops. You stop. The cat waits. You wait. And wait. The cat runs off. You better run fast to keep up! But mostly, the cat waits and observes. You wait. Patiently. You have no choice.

No, Petrushka did not teach me everything I need to know. But learning patience was enough. I need merely apply that lesson to waiting for instrument deliveries. [/me glances at calendar again] Right.

Sorry to sidetrack but kokopelli you got a cool name avatar.

For me patience is walking our 3 dogs

image.jpg

Here is a pic from my practice room.

image.jpg

Top Bottom