New Uke Day! Pono Mango Baritone!

Hochapeafarm

Reaction score
Woot woot!!!!!! My new Pono Mango Baritone ukulele arrived today from HMS/The Ukulele Site!!! I AM THRILLED with this uke! If you're interested in hearing a little more about it and a sound sample, please check out my vid below (sorry that the vid/sound got off sych later in the video)!

So many thanks to HMS -- to Noah in customer service and to 'J.B.' who set-up and packed my ukulele perfectly and with care! You guys are the best!!!

(Oh, and Mods, if this should be in Links & Vids -- or wherever else -- I apologize!)

Last edited:
I like it...:)
I was the guy who picked up the phone at the HMS(The Ukulele Site) store.....I switched you to Noah when I saw they had the baritone in stock at the store.....

I will let Joel and Noah know you are enjoying the uke......

Aloha, Len! Great to hear from you and so happy to see your comment! Very cool that you were there when I called! Thank you for helping me and for passing along my thoughts to Noah and Joel! :) I'm coming to HI this fall and would love to meet you and Stan -- and go to HMS, of course! :) Happy strummings!

I was the guy who picked up the phone at the HMS(The Ukulele Site) store.....I switched you to Noah when I saw they had the baritone in stock at the store.....

Beautiful baritone! I've been wanting one for a couple of years, & this sounds like it could be the one. Thank you.

Your joy in making music on a fine instrument is so evident. Congratulations.

It's beautiful! The mango's figuring is incredible, and even through YouTube and computer speakers, the tone is rich and clean. Congratulations!

Aloha, Len! Great to hear from you and so happy to see your comment! Very cool that you were there when I called! Thank you for helping me and for passing along my thoughts to Noah and Joel! :) I'm coming to HI this fall and would love to meet you and Stan -- and go to HMS, of course! :) Happy strummings!

too bad you can not be here for the Ukulele Festival in July.....would be nice to meet you when you get here
I did mention to Andrew that you were getting the Mango Baritone.....:)

Great sounding Uke. Congratulations, I hope you have hours of enjoyment from your new Pono. Welcome to the Pono Posse.

And Len, can't wait to get to Hawaii and help Andrew sell Ukes along side with you.

Nut widths! haha. Lovely uke. Sounds awesome. Very good review/good video. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks for the great review and sound sample! Those Pono Baritones are the best. My own experience was very similar to what you said: It opened up a new realm of playing. And yeah: Stick to your nut widths... :D

I bought my Pono Mango Baritone back in August and reviewed it on here soon after because I loved the sound of it so much: I opted for the Pono Mango Baritone because some baris sound like thin guitars to me whereas the Pono MGB sounded, well, more like a richer deeper ukulele in the samples I heard... and I wasn't disappointed! Wishing you many happy years playing this lovely ukulele.

That is one beautiful looking and sounding uke! All I can say is "WOW!" from hearing the first chord that you strummed. Congratulations on your new baritone. Thank you for sharing your NUD with us.

I think that is one of the best values in ukes currently available. Looks like you got an especially nicely figured one, too. Pretty cool to do the NUD celebration with a video, too. Well done!

Congrats on a great looking and sounding bari

very nice playing! Is that a Gordon Lightfoot song? Sounds familiar, but can't think of what it is for sure.

Hochapeafarm -

Congrats on your new Pono baritone. Very nice video review. I just finished watching your series on ukulele comfort issues. These were very informative. Nice job!

Tony

Top Bottom