"Meant To Be To Be" (original)

H

Hippie Dribble

2010. Jon Duncan.

This was the first song I wrote nd recordedwith a uke in mind. The arrangement has a couple of ukulele tracks, bass, mandolin, vocal and maybe I slapped my knee a few times. The images in the clip were filmed at the gorgeous Fitzroy Gardens in Hobart, Tasmania. Thanks for watching friends. If you'd like a songsheet with the chords and lyrics feel free to drop me a line. x

Jon, this is just great- really brightened my morning and I found myself humming it while I set about my daily routine. Whenever I watch your videos I think how nice it would be to live closer to your corner of the world to have an opportunity to see the artist in person.Thank you for sharing!

Wonderful. Love the lyrics, the melody, the arrangement. And the video too. PS I just checked out your live set from 2002 too. That's great you have footage of your younger self performing. Great stuff.

Wow, that's so full of life, Jon. So richly layered. Funny lyrics..."chased by..." part had me laughing--circles back to the lowly flea.

And how you got that poor dog to run in place at 1:21 so that you could film him can only be speculated (clear fishing line tied from tail to tree root comes to mind).

Astonishing stuff!

Last edited:
Fabulous video and a great song mate, looking a this one, written in 2010 and your live video, recorded in 2002 highlights just how quickly time goes by! Blink and you miss it! Keep up the great work Jon.

That's the truth!! 2002 seems very distant to me. I sure wish I had footage of what I was doing musically back then. I was playing guitar and I don't have anything to show for it. Not even a picture. All of this footage you have Jon, is awesome!! Cherish it. It's your gift to the world. We love it!

Top Bottom