carrying a reunion blues tenor case on an airplane

wendellfiddler

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to carry-on a reunion blues tenor uke case? I know Gerald Ross uses one - Gerald? Any problems carrying one on. I'll be flying on southwest.

Thanks folks.

Doug Tanner

Has anyone tried to carry-on a reunion blues tenor uke case? I know Gerald Ross uses one - Gerald? Any problems carrying one on. I'll be flying on southwest.

Thanks folks.

Doug Tanner

Craig and Sarah fly with Fusion bags without incident. The Fusion is quite a bit larger than the RB gigbag so I would think you'll be okay. Let me know. I'm going to take my uke on a plane in July and I haven't decided what case to use yet.

Not a definite answer, but hope it helps.

As with carrying instruments on any flight now, it's not an issue as long as there is adequate storage available for said instrument (that's their caveat). If you are truly concerned, spend the extra money to get priority boarding (if available) to ensure that when you get on the plane, there's plenty of overhead storage.

When I traveled by air with my Reunion Blues tenor uke case I had no problems fitting it into an overhead bin - even on small puddle jumper planes. I fly mostly Southwest and Delta. Both of these airlines are very instrument friendly.

I now fly with a Hoffee Carbon fiber case - about the same size as the RB. Been on four flights with it so far - no problems.

Famous UU member Ukulele Jay used one when he went to Australia, as I recall, for his Barron River, and I don't think he had any issues. Jay?

Top Bottom