PDA

View Full Version : Bruko Jumbo Concert - just had 1st glimpse!

mr79
05-04-2015, 09:58 AM
Hi all,
I've not been on here much in the past year, I've tried to take an internet break to focus more on playing and less on wanting... it's worked a bit, I've definitely progressed more in the last 9 months than I did in the previous 12 months.
Anyhow, as a kind of 'reward' for sticking to it, and because I now know more about what I need from a uke, I've gone and ordered a custom Bruko... and they very kindly sent me an in-progress pic today - so I needed to share my excitement, as it's gathered nowt but withering looks here at home!

I've learnt that I like a simple uke, that I much prefer fingerstyle, and that (going against the grain here) I prefer a higher action. I also love the depth of sound from a tenor, but the tension from a concert scale is my favourite.

So I ordered one of Bruko's 'Jumbo' concerts, which has a concert neck and scale with a tenor size body (oddly enough the body is larger than a standard Bruko tenor!) - I think Bruko ukuleles excel at fingerstyle and almost seem designed for that style of playing - which might be why they can sound odd strummed. I went with a standard Bruko one-piece bridge because I prefer the higher action, and a simple look based on the standard No.5 soprano they make.

Anyhow, here's the pic, and I'll post more when I lay my hands on it in two weeks... two whole weeks... 14 days... sooooo many hours!

Ukejenny
05-05-2015, 03:36 AM
Very nice! Hope you will share a lot of pics when you get it!

turtledrum
05-05-2015, 05:31 AM
How exciting for you to see its becoming! Would love to see photos upon its arrival. (I'm more of a fingerpicker myself.)