Bruko Jumbo Concert - just had 1st glimpse!

mr79

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've not been on here much in the past year, I've tried to take an internet break to focus more on playing and less on wanting... it's worked a bit, I've definitely progressed more in the last 9 months than I did in the previous 12 months.
Anyhow, as a kind of 'reward' for sticking to it, and because I now know more about what I need from a uke, I've gone and ordered a custom Bruko... and they very kindly sent me an in-progress pic today - so I needed to share my excitement, as it's gathered nowt but withering looks here at home!

I've learnt that I like a simple uke, that I much prefer fingerstyle, and that (going against the grain here) I prefer a higher action. I also love the depth of sound from a tenor, but the tension from a concert scale is my favourite.

So I ordered one of Bruko's 'Jumbo' concerts, which has a concert neck and scale with a tenor size body (oddly enough the body is larger than a standard Bruko tenor!) - I think Bruko ukuleles excel at fingerstyle and almost seem designed for that style of playing - which might be why they can sound odd strummed. I went with a standard Bruko one-piece bridge because I prefer the higher action, and a simple look based on the standard No.5 soprano they make.

Anyhow, here's the pic, and I'll post more when I lay my hands on it in two weeks... two whole weeks... 14 days... sooooo many hours!

IMG_3155.jpg

Very nice! Hope you will share a lot of pics when you get it!

Top Bottom